Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:58:29 PM EDT
Kim DotCom's newest venture: online storage locker with user-side encryption.

Free account has 50GB of space.

I wouldn't store any music or videos on there, but I'd consider using it to store all my schoolwork, audio lectures, etc.

mega.co.nz

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I recognize that the cloud is the future (or present depending on where you work) but I'm still getting by fine with a USB drive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I signed up.  You always get a lot for space with new start ups.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I signed up and got about as far as creating two folders.  After that the site will not connect I suspect they are experiencing a lot of traffic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll check back with Mega in a couple of weeks or even months. I knew that "client side" encryption is pretty slow (which makes the 50GB chunk not quite as attractive as it looks) but uploading even 2mb files is slower than death.

ETA: OK, files are now uploading and it's actually pretty speedy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top