Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 1:52:37 PM EDT
Here is the situation..   A month ago I bought a Dell E1705 laptop (17" widescreen) with the "true life" display.      Basically since then, I am completely spoiled by that display, and I no longer care for the 19" lcd I am using on my desktop.    Anyone know of any   monitors that would compare?   I would also like to run a much higher resolution.  Widescreen would be nice, but not a must have.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Samsung SyncMaster 215TW 21" Widescreen LCD.   1680x1050 resolution

$549

Digital/Analog inputs, and S-VHS video inputs. (You can watch TV on it.)

Here.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Viewsonic VX-922 or VX-2025WM for widescreen.   The best LCD monitors there are.  Period.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Viewsonic VX-922 or VX-2025WM for widescreen.   The best LCD monitors there are.  Period.

Nuh-uh!

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nuh-uh!

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I will have to take a trip out tomorow and check them both out.     After looking at them and reading some of the definitions I think a good contrast ratio is what I am looking for..      This one I am using is 500:1 (bought it over a year ago)    but the part that has me most disapointed is when something should be black, it looks more grey.   kinda like on a CRT if you had the brightness up too high.   There is a few times I considered dragging the old 17" trinitron back out, because I loved the picture on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top