Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:51:58 AM EDT
That's it in a nutshell. When I try to view video clips, windows media player comes up like it is going to play the clip, then an error message comes up and shuts down my connection. If I log on to a family members screen name, I don't get this problem.

What could be causing this?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
wow that could be alot of things.

what do you use to play video files realplayer, windows media player?  you might need to reinstall the player or update to a newer version and it might fix the problem.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Can't play online video clips on my screen name

As in an AOL "Screen Name?"

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i think hes talking about his user profile for windows xp, im just guessing
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think hes talking about his user profile for windows xp, im just guessing

Ah...right, could be a verbage thing.  I was just having nightmare flashbacks of Steve Case.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Any chance you're able to see what the error message says?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any chance you're able to see what the error message says?

"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And then my internet shuts off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I currently have Road Runner. I guess the correct terminology would be "user account" or something to that affect.

I was on AOL for about 7 years before I saw the light. It took an act of congress just to cancel with those sorry bastards!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd be inclined to say that it's a problem with your windows profile.  My suggestion, unless someone has a better idea, would be to copy all your documents from c:\Documents and Settings\your_username to a backup directory on your computer and delete your account on the computer.  Then recreate the account and copy your documents back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top