Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:05 PM EDT
I have had my D300 for over a year now it's been back to nikon for repair 3 times for focusing issues.
When i shoot an image at f11 everything looks sharp when i shoot the same image at f22 it looks soft all over the image. i understand diffraction and f22 will not be as sharp as f11 but what i'm seeing is not right. it's like you took your f11 shoot and applied the photoshop filter more blur to it.
So what i'm asking if any of you could help by shooting an image at f11 and the same image at f22 and compare the difference and is it as drastic as to what i'm seeing.

thank you for your help in advance.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Im not a expert and have a d300 so i would help you out. But maybe its a bad lens.. What lens are you using? Even a good lens can can be a  lemmon. Can you change the lens and test it again? If you don't have a extra lens find a camera store that would maybe let you use one or see if you can find a friend with another nikon lens..
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a few shots and posted them on my site.. here is the link for the section Test Photos  you can see all data of the photos there and you can download the full files. I took 2 f11 and 2 f22 and 1 2.8. the lens is a sigma 18 to 50mm 2.8 HSM macro.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Take a shot at every f/stop to find the "sweet" spot for you lens.  It would be best to use a tripod.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top