Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 11:15:57 PM EDT
I have the Canon 200BG backpack now and it's getting cramped.  Looking at the Kata R103.  Need to be able to haul a cam with one lens, two other lenses, a laptop and various accessories.  I want to know if you have specific experience with any bags that meet that sort of description, or Kata bags in general.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW Plus.  Fits a 17" Dell Notebook, D2X, 70-200 f2.8, 12-24 f4.0, 28-70 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Flash, another lens, charger, cables, and alot more.

Crappy shots, but gives you the idea:

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a LowePro Stealth II AW

Pretty happy with it
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a LowePro Stealth II AW

Pretty happy with it

Do you know how that compares size-wise to the computrekker at all?  The Tamron Cyber 6/8 and lowepro Computrekker plus were both quite hefty looking guys.  

Also, do you have any problems flying with those bags?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt you'll have a problem flying with those bags.  I have a Tamrac Expedition 7, which is HUGE, and it fits in the overhead bin.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My CompuTrekker AW Plus has flown alot.  No problems getting it into the overhead compartments.  It is big, but it fits.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Lowepro all the way.  Excellent quality, even if they are a bit pricey.  But its carrying/protecting how many $$$$ of your dollars?  All of o sudden they're not too pricey.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lowepro all the way.  Excellent quality, even if they are a bit pricey.  But its carrying/protecting how many $$$$ of your dollars?  All of o sudden they're not too pricey.  

All three packs I was looking at are within about $10 of each other, so that's not really an issue.    

Size wise, i'm more concerned about carrying it around all day for most of two weeks in an extremely hot and humid climate, so I would prefer something that is not overly large.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
After further consideration, I ended up with the tamrac cyberpack6.  It wore best in my ad hoc testing.  It's farking huge...and I need more gear to fill it up!!! hehehehe... The 20d without the grip looks a tad small in it.  Other than that, I can fit in the camera with whatever lens is on it now.  Mucho better.  

It arrived at work today and my coworkers thought it was a piece of luggage.  In a way, I suppose....

So, any problem flying with flashes in your backpack, or do you have them checked?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
After further consideration, I ended up with the tamrac cyberpack6.  It wore best in my ad hoc testing.  It's farking huge...and I need more gear to fill it up!!! hehehehe... The 20d without the grip looks a tad small in it.  Other than that, I can fit in the camera with whatever lens is on it now.  Mucho better.  

It arrived at work today and my coworkers thought it was a piece of luggage.  In a way, I suppose....

So, any problem flying with flashes in your backpack, or do you have them checked?

No problem with flashes....I always get pinched for my Quantums, however.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I run a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW Plus.  Fits a 17" Dell Notebook, D2X, 70-200 f2.8, 12-24 f4.0, 28-70 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Flash, another lens, charger, cables, and alot more.

Crappy shots, but gives you the idea:

picturesbytony.com/cameraBag/outsidebag.jpg

picturesbytony.com/cameraBag/notebook1.jpg

picturesbytony.com/cameraBag/insidebag.jpg

picturesbytony.com/cameraBag/insidebag2.jpg

Do you run your camera and GPS together?  Just curious, saw that my new D200 can read and imprint the GPS data as you shoot

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top