Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2022 8:53:54 PM EDT
I have a large collection of old family photos that I want to scan into digital format. I have a printer scanner that
does not auto crop and it very time consuming to use.

I am looking for a great scanner that will do the cropping automatically and capture the full resolution of the photo.

Please advise what good candidates I can explore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My current alpha system is a Xerox 6515, but it's probably more scanner and more printer than you personally need. Without knowing your budgetary and scan-quality concerns, it's hard to make relevant recommendations.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My current alpha system is a Xerox 6515, but it's probably more scanner and more printer than you personally need. Without knowing your budgetary and scan-quality concerns, it's hard to make relevant recommendations.
View Quote

Just scanner is needed. I have laser printer combo already.

Under 1000 dollars is goal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just scanner is needed. I have laser printer combo already.

Under 1000 dollars is goal.
View Quote

Any res or bit-depth concerns beyond average, or just vanilla full-color 300-600dpi auto cropping full color scans at a nominal 24-32bpp?

ETA: A g will will you pretty far up the pro-sumer scale and some awesome scanners, but it's barely scratching the surface on some of the actual pro-level stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top