Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 10:56:35 PM EDT
I have elements and was exploring getting lightroom 6, or whatever version before it went subscription.

Just simple stuff but I am looking at Luminar?

They will have upgrades for assets management coming soon.

Looks pretty good and I am reading tons of reviews.

Just got a Panasonic G85 after a long review. Mainly video and standing shoots but learning also.

Didn't like the limitations of all of the less than 1k cameras out there.

any advice and suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Fuji XT-3!

and it comes with free Phase One.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Lightroom is fantastic, i dont mind the 12 bucks a month at all.

I would see if the other software can do HDR merge and all that fancy stuff.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lightroom is fantastic, i dont mind the 12 bucks a month at all.

I would see if the other software can do HDR merge and all that fancy stuff.
View Quote
A lot of us here get LR/PS for $10/month, just sayin'.

I used Lightzone for a few yeras before ponying up for LR/PS.  For me it was a wise purchase decision.

I also used Nikon's Capture NX/D, also free, for a while.  Though Capture won't do you much good if you don't have a Nikon body.

The opensource Adobe alternative is Lightzone/GIMP.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
For how much I use Lr, and the other adobe products, I'm pretty happy to pay the educator rate for it. If I were to be more causal in my shooting, I would certainly look for other alternatives.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have elements and was exploring getting lightroom 6, or whatever version before it went subscription.
View Quote
Is there something about Elements that's prompting you to move to something else? Or are you just exploring the market to see if there's something to pull you away from Elements?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you looked at OnOne Photo Raw?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
What would you like the software to do?

I've been using IrfanView, which is free and does everything I need and then some.

As far as organizing my photos, I simply do it chronologically in folders  and then by camera in these folders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top