Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2018 7:30:52 PM EDT
Is this possible?  If so please tell!

I downloaded Resolve.... rofl.... you need 10 PhD's just to use the thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Resolve has a heck of a learning curve.  If wind noise is your only problem, you aren't doing too bad.  And regarding wind noise, about the only thing you can do is go to the Fairlight page and try to use the EQ to target the region of the noise, but wind noise has such a broad freq spectrum, this is going to prove hard to do
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Resolve has a heck of a learning curve.  If wind noise is your only problem, you aren't doing too bad.  And regarding wind noise, about the only thing you can do is go to the Fairlight page and try to use the EQ to target the region of the noise, but wind noise has such a broad freq spectrum, this is going to prove hard to do
View Quote
Maybe next time I'll use those fuzzy things that came with my stereo mic.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A good deadcat makes all the difference.  What microphone are you using?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sony stereo that slips in my hot shoe.

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wind noise is best removed before recording rather than after.
View Quote
Yea I just realized the mic has a "low" setting that helps cut down ambient noise

Lol
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
tagging.

I went through a half dozen editors over the last week, disqualifying all but one for various reasons.

I settled on Hitfilm Express, its great, lots of YouTube how-tos if you get stuck and it does everything I need.

I'm using GIMP for image editing, Audacity to edit audio clips and VLC media player for testing/playing my exported mp4's.

eta: all tools above are free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been in professional television my entire working life, since 1977, and if you have wind noise, you’ve got wind noise.

Contarery to NCIS and other Hollywood movies, the audio spectrum isn’t something you can dial out a certain noise and remove it without affecting everything else within that same spectrum.

As Zack3g stated above, wind noise is something to deal with before the recording.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've been in professional television my entire working life, since 1977, and if you have wind noise, you've got wind noise.

Contarery to NCIS and other Hollywood movies, the audio spectrum isn't something you can dial out a certain noise and remove it without affecting everything else within that same spectrum.

As stated above, wind noise is something to deal with before the recording.
View Quote
Sad face
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top