Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2018 7:48:22 PM EDT
I have a Canon Vixia RF800 that we are using to film my sons baseball, basketball, and football games.

What kind of video editing software do I need and what is the specs on the computer I need to do this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Canon Vixia RF800 that we are using to film my sons baseball, basketball, and football games.

What kind of video editing software do I need and what is the specs on the computer I need to do this?
View Quote
It depends on the quality of video.  Unless you're editing 4k, pretty much anything made in the last ~5-7 years can edit 1080p if it has a decent graphics card.

Software wise, Adobe Premiere Elements is pretty solid and beginner friendly.  There's a lot of free software out there like Shotcut or DaVinci Resolve but they have a very steep learning curve.  Especially with Resolve as that is a few year old version of the professional suite they put out.  So if you don't know what you're doing (and I sure as fuck don't) there's a lot of buttons that might blow up the world, hell if I know for sure.

There are guys that know a lot more about video than I do, so reference their experience over mine if they chime in though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't Premier like $20 a month?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't Premier like $20 a month?
View Quote
Premiere Elements is a one time buy, same with Photoshop Elements.  You can get one or the other for around $60, or catch both on sale for $70 or some every now and again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The DaVinci Resolve public betas are free to use.  It's not an easy learning curve, though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Premiere Elements is a one time buy, same with Photoshop Elements.  You can get one or the other for around $60, or catch both on sale for $70 or some every now and again.
View Quote
I'm a teacher so I can pay $20 month for the whole suite....is it worth it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m using LumaFusion, it does 4K on my iPad and only cost twenty bucks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$10 a month for LR/PS

$20 a month for Premiere by itself.

If you can get the entire adobe suite for $20 a month it's basically a no brainer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a teacher so I can pay $20 month for the whole suite....is it worth it?
$10 a month for LR/PS

$20 a month for Premiere by itself.

If you can get the entire adobe suite for $20 a month it's basically a no brainer.
I'm a teacher, and I think I'm now paying $29/mo for the whole shebang. I use PS, LR, Audition, and Premiere pretty regularly during the school year though, so it is well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top