Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2018 7:16:25 PM EDT
In my case, I'm trying to sell older Nikon equipment. 35mm film, Nikon F and F2.

I can understand how condition plays a part in pricing; that's easy enough. What I fail to understand is why a Nikon located in Japan might cost 500-dollars while a comparable camera stateside might top out at 150-dollars. Or less. Even stateside the prices seem wildly spread out. Looking at the sold items on Ebay still makes the pricing appear willy-nilly.

It really makes it difficult when trying to discern a fair selling price.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I tend to set my prices by some small percentage under what a similar-condition used is advertised at places like B&H or KEH.

Included OEM accessories also factor; as well as top-tier aftermarket (your Suncloud tripod isn't worth squat, but that RRS L-plate has some real value).
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Could it be film is more in use in Japan? I can't remember when I last saw a roll of 35mm.

I have a lot of Minolta stuff XK XE-7 lenses and other related accessories (50mm f1.2 Lens which was stupid expensive back then)

Where would the best place to unload it all  E-Bay, CL?
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I use eBay sold for reference pricing among others, like KEH. It just blows me away when I see a multi-hundred dollar spread on prices. I've seen beat up, scratched up items and nice looking items and there might be a 20-dollar spread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top