Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2018 7:57:07 PM EDT
And I cannot wait till it gets here Monday!  

Stopped in my local camera shop to shoot the shit with the guys there.  They had an A7RIII on hand.

I razzed them and said "What!? No A7III's!?"  Fully expecting to hear a nope.

He says.  Sold it this morning.  But our other store has one that has your name on it if you want it.

And out came the wallet.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You better post pics!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You better post pics!!
View Quote
You know I will!

I was torn between a Sony 100-400 and this.  This it is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Good camera and at a great price.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I CANT WAIT!

I guess I will just have to play with my A7II for the time being.  

I was sitting on my porch sniping aircraft this morning with my 7II and daydreaming about the new camera.

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Looked at the specs, wow.  Sure makes the F717 I had look like stone age.

Congratulations.

Let us know how it does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
YAY!

Now I'm waiting on the battery to charge.  

Its like a safe thread.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick shot out my front door with the A7III.

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel your pain.

I bought a refurb canon eos-1 Dx Mark II from canon a couple weeks ago and haven’t had time to play yet.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 1:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to see some other Sony shooters!  I thought I might be the only one here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump.

Hey OP how do you like the A7iii over the A7ii? I know the specs are better but how does it stack up to the previous model?

I'm looking at buying my first Sony A7 model and can't decide if I should go with the late model or cry once and spend the extra money on the new model. For reference I'll be shooting mostly landscape and some semi portrait. Also looking at the Sony 16-35 f4 lens.

Edit: Well I couldn't wait and decided on the A7iii. Excited about getting rid of my big DSLR and getting the Sony in my hands!
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bump.

Hey OP how do you like the A7iii over the A7ii? I know the specs are better but how does it stack up to the previous model?

I'm looking at buying my first Sony A7 model and can't decide if I should go with the late model or cry once and spend the extra money on the new model. For reference I'll be shooting mostly landscape and some semi portrait. Also looking at the Sony 16-35 f4 lens.

Edit: Well I couldn't wait and decided on the A7iii. Excited about getting rid of my big DSLR and getting the Sony in my hands!
View Quote
LOL!

You will absolutely not be disappointed in the A7III.  It blows my A7II out of the water in terms of auto focus speed and coverage.

I was honestly a little disappointed in the 7II at first for what I do with them.  But with some tinkering I have the 7II working very well.

For landscaping and portraiture you will be happy.

This is an A7II shot.

And an a7III shot.

Both using the Tamron 150-600 first gen lens with the LA-EA3 adapter.

IIRC this was the absolute first shot with the 7III when I got it home.  

I like your lens choice!
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#13]
@sbgear  
Have you gotten tour 7III yet?
What do you think?

Link Posted: 5/30/2018 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@sbgear  
Have you gotten tour 7III yet?
What do you think?

View Quote
Nope says its on backorder till end of June

Bought it from Best Buy and it seems to be the same for everywhere else I looked.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope says its on backorder till end of June

Bought it from Best Buy and it seems to be the same for everywhere else I looked.
View Quote
Bummer.

I probably wouldn't have one now if my local store hadnt gotten one in for someone that backed out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I had no idea this camera was so popular! Every review I’ve read has been nothing but positive with them all saying how much tech is in this thing for only 2k.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]
So since the A7iii isn't suppose to be shipped till the end of June, the wait is having me rethink my purchase and now I'm considering the A7Rii.

They're both the same price but I'm still leaning toward the A7iii because of the battery life, 10fps, and more AF points.

What is really making me reconsider and going with the A7Rii is the 42mp. I shoot a lot of landscape and would love to do some big prints but, my godson will be starting regular pitch baseball and I'm not sure if the A7Rii is the right choice. However, I will not be shooting sports very often.

ETA: I'll be heading to Havasupai later this year and this is one of the main reasons why I'm thinking of the A7Rii.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So since the A7iii isn't suppose to be shipped till the end of June, the wait is having me rethink my purchase and now I'm considering the A7Rii.

They're both the same price but I'm still leaning toward the A7iii because of the battery life, 10fps, and more AF points.

What is really making me reconsider and going with the A7Rii is the 42mp. I shoot a lot of landscape and would love to do some big prints but, my godson will be starting regular pitch baseball and I'm not sure if the A7Rii is the right choice. However, I will not be shooting sports very often.

ETA: I'll be heading to Havasupai later this year and this is one of the main reasons why I'm thinking of the A7Rii.
View Quote
For landscaping the higher pixel count might be nice.

Personally I would wait.  I know at least one guy (pro photog) that says if he had to do over he would have went with the 3 rather than the R.  He says he likes the options and the performance over the pixel count.  He says he could make do with the lower count.

If you use it for any fast moving subjects. I would get the 3.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For landscaping the higher pixel count might be nice.

Personally I would wait.  I know at least one guy (pro photog) that says if he had to do over he would have went with the 3 rather than the R.  He says he likes the options and the performance over the pixel count.  He says he could make do with the lower count.

If you use it for any fast moving subjects. I would get the 3.  
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I left my order as is and will wait for the 3.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback. I left my order as is and will wait for the 3.
View Quote
If it was dedicated to portraits and landscape.  I would say go for the RII or the RIII, But tossing in sports and other faster moving subjects, I think in the end you would be happier with the 7III .
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
And that’s what led me to sticking with the 3. I don’t shoot a lot of sports but I do try shoot a lot of candid shots so the AF system will definitely help with that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And that’s what led me to sticking with the 3. I don’t shoot a lot of sports but I do try shoot a lot of candid shots so the AF system will definitely help with that.
View Quote
@sbgear

My local camera shop has both body only and kit A7III's on hand as of a couple hours ago.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#23]
awesome camera.
you just can't go wrong with any of Today's cameras.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Get one yet???
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Long story short...nope. Best Buy is playing with my emotions! I'm only buying through them because of the 12 month financing.

It sucks but I'm in no particular rush.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW

I am thoroughly happy with the A7III.  Even more so with the 70-200 f4 g lens.

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Gheeeeezus................that F-16 in burner shot is killer.    Congrats on the new camera!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Great camera OP.

I have the A7s for shooting video as a "B" Camera next to my Sony FX7 MKII, again great little camera.

I'm hoping their battery life will get a lot better, my A7s eats batteries.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Great camera OP.

I have the A7s for shooting video as a "B" Camera next to my Sony FX7 MKII, again great little camera.

I'm hoping their battery life will get a lot better, my A7s eats batteries.
View Quote
I cycled about 4 batteries a day with my a7II with light use.

The a7III would use one batt about every two days with heavy shooting.

The difference is night and day.

Honestly I dont think batt life on the a7III is all that far off from my A77II DSLR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 2:36:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Your pictures are great OP! Enjoy!

I have gone a bit insane and completed my lens bucket list. A 200mm F2G VR2 and a 300mm F2.8D AFS Both
Nikon glass. I am a happy camper using both on my D500. I tried a friends Fuji today and experienced focus peaking
for the first time ever. It was a bit trippy but cool too. Bizarre but useful. I did not tell him the lag in the viewfinder
was hideous. It was...but the peaking was nice.

Your output is epic. Rock on my friend!
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me but a lot of the images I've seen you posting from this camera seem to be flat and lacking contrast.

Is this an intentional post processing stylistic choice or something? If so - you do you.

If not...what's wrong?
View Quote
Its more than likely me.  I suck at editing.

I can send you a RAW to monkey with if you'd like.  I would bet it is me that is the problem.

Trying to get them edited correctly is one of the things that frustrates me to no end.    

ETA:  I do tend to pull a lot of contrast while editing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Pick a few of your favorites and send em to this name  @ gmail.

I'll see what I can do.
View Quote
I'll dig a few up and send them to you. It might be a day or two. Thank you.

Trust me.  It's not the camera.  I need to quit being a dipshit and buy some adobe software.  I just hate the monthly subscription thing.

Here is a pic with the contrast added a little rather than being pulled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top