Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 3:30:55 PM EDT
What would be your dream photo destination?  Would you go there for the scenery, an event or for the people?  

i.e. would you go to Machu Picchu in Peru to photo the ruins or would you go to Dubai in the UAE for their New Years fireworks show?

One of the places I would love to go is to photograph the Honey Hunters of Nepal while they are out collecting honey hanging off of the cliff.

What about you guys?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Couple of places really.

1.  Lake Baikal in Siberia in winter.
2.  Lake Wuhua Hai in the Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area in China
3.  Shiga Prefecture, Japan
4.  Flathead Lake, Montana

etc

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Argentina, I would love to backpack and fly-fish. Has always been something I wanted to do. Getting into photography has made that destination even more desirable for me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Amazing places listed so far.

Cuba would be an interesting one I think. All those old cars and if you could get a tour of a cigar factory or a dance studio that would give you some interesting shots.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Iceland, Norway, Italy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Iceland, Norway, Italy.
View Quote
Any place in particular or just there in general?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
My top 3 outside the US would be:

Iceland
New Zealand
Japan

That being said, I could live the remainder of my life in Glacier National Park being perfectly happy and never run out of places to explore / photograph. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Been to Shiga.

Totally worth it.

Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any place in particular or just there in general?
View Quote
Iceland and Norway in general Italy I want to go to Venice and the town of Ferrara where my great grandmother lived.

Those are my long travel ones. Lots of stuff here in the states to see though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What would be your dream photo destination?  Would you go there for the scenery, an event or for the people?
View Quote

I suppose if I did go anywhere it would be for the scenery.  I've never been very comfortable as a "street" photographer, taking pictures of strangers.  But there isn't anywhere I really want to go.  I guess after 30 years of traveling for a living, I'm pretty happy right here at home.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]
As an east-coast guy (mostly Florida and Virginia, some time in Maryland) every time I go out West I feel like a different human. I have LOVED Colorado, Wyoming, & Montana. I would probably put Alaska as a big destination, and in the mean time I am planning a trip that involves Sedona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, and Moab, flying into Phoenix and out of Grand Junction.

Internationally - I have done some Europe (but not nearly enough), and ZERO Asia.

I would be happy selling almost everything we own to fund more adventures, especially with the kids. Whenever we travel, my 6 & 8 year olds have their own P&S digitals. We get some cool pictures that way, and they are very curious about making their pictures better.

-shooter
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Whenever we travel, my 6 & 8 year olds have their own P&S digitals. We get some cool pictures that way, and they are very curious about making their pictures better.

-shooter
View Quote
I do the same with my 2 and 4 year olds.  The 2 year old really just wants what brother has but the 4 year old will want me to pick him up to take photos of the animals at the zoo.

Speaking of animals I would love to get to New Zealand as well and get some wildlife photos.  Not high on my list, but it is on it.  Just picturing in my head a red stag with the fog behind it.  Don't know if New Zealand has fog.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Trango Towers of Pakistan.  Personal and international events shut that trip down before we ever got started.  It would be nice to get in there and give it a try.

There are also dozens of other places I'd like to get back to and rephotograph, reattempt, or just reclimb in a better style.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I like to combine natural beauty with big animals.  Here in the states it's tough to beat the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone for that combo.  Unfortunately, it's getting overrun with tourists during the summer and fall.  We went to Alaska last year for the brown bears primarily, but there's lots more to see and photograph there.  As far as abroad, Africa was great for wildlife.  Iceland at the top of our list to see and photograph in the not too distant future.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd love to do a tour of Scandinavia's fjords, and some European river cruises.  I'd like to go back to Greenland as a tourist and do some photo touring.  I'd like to go to Antarctica.  Banff.  Kilimanjaro and a safari.  Mt Fuji and some other scenic spots in Asia.  And I could spend a few days each month the rest of my life going to many of our State and National Parks, and probably die with much left to see.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Wildlife safari in Africa.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wildlife safari in Africa.
View Quote
Any particular wildlife or just any as long as its Africa?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd love to do a tour of Scandinavia's fjords, and some European river cruises.  I'd like to go back to Greenland as a tourist and do some photo touring.  I'd like to go to Antarctica.  Banff.  Kilimanjaro and a safari.  Mt Fuji and some other scenic spots in Asia.  And I could spend a few days each month the rest of my life going to many of our State and National Parks, and probably die with much left to see.
View Quote
BTDT this year:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTDT this year:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17505124_1253646414703841_8049275072552183862_o.jpg?oh=216cc1ade7d246d60dd217f93589ef9a&oe=5A1ACDA6

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17991447_1256453651089784_6406201351535425854_o.jpg?oh=a8a0852c97b90f62eb3af02bff82cacf&oe=5A2280BB
Beautiful.

edit - it wasn't clear, but that extends to your photos as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Any particular wildlife or just any as long as its Africa?
View Quote
For some reason Cape buffalo and wart hogs.   Then in no particular order, Elephants, hippos, rhinos, lions, leopard, and cheetahs.  Not sure why add  Dik-dik.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top