Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2009 2:18:44 PM EDT

Bonus Content for Reserved Copies of Mass Effect

October 16, 2009 by BioWare

Today we announced that Mass Effect 2 will be shipping Jan 26, 2010 and that you can reserve your copy an receive exclusive in-game items! Here are the details:

Terminus Assault Armor and the Blackstorm Heavy Weapon

In North America, pre-order bonuses* include special-ops armor and weaponry that are designed to boost Commander Shepard’s skills and abilities. At GameStop, Terminus Gear is available with pre-orders, which includes the powerful Terminus Assault Armor and the Blackstorm Heavy Weapon:

•The Terminus Armor is designed for use in extreme planetary conditions, increasing run speed and personal shields, and augmenting weapons with an additional magazine of reserve ammo.

•The M-90 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon generates a high-powered localized gravity well, accelerating particles to near-infinite mass, and ultimately expanding the selection of heavy weapons available to players when they gear up for combat missions in Mass Effect 2.

Terminus Armor and Blackstorm Heavy Weapon

Inferno Armor

Players that pre-order Mass Effect 2 at other retail outlets in North America will receive the potent Inferno Armor, which is used by officers to monitor battlefield conditions by recognizing elevated heart rates, and regulates sub-systems with extreme efficiency to allow for greater response times – together these abilities translate in-game into a negotiation bonus for Commander Shepard and an increase in run speed and augmented damage from combat powers.

Inferno Armor

Now to figure out which armor set to get for which platform…

~dlarke

http://blog.bioware.com/

Link Posted: 10/16/2009 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Im so in...

Link Posted: 10/16/2009 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I have to preorder from gamestop so i can get my armor and gun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Releases on my birthday
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks cool.

So in ME2 you won't have unlimited ammo?
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks cool.

Sounds that which is fine by me, hopfully they'll add weight limits too.

I'm just pissed no Wrex, of all teammates from ME1 he's the one I'd want back the most.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Looks cool.

I think the only limited ammo is for the heavy weapons.  Unless technology regressed between games then we should still have unlimited ammo for small arms.

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cool.

I'm just pissed no Wrex, of all teammates from ME1 he's the one I'd want back the most.

Where did you read about this? I liked him as well, but my main character's story had him die (tried to avoid it!).

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks cool.

Where did you read about this? I liked him as well, but my main character's story had him die (tried to avoid it!).

Read it awhile ago on maybe Kotaku or Joystiq, said he was still alive in your ME1 save he makes a cameo appearance but will not be a squad member. All new squadmates with the possible exception of Tali is what I remember.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cool.

Read it awhile ago on maybe Kotaku or Joystiq, said he was still alive in your ME1 save he makes a cameo appearance but will not be a squad member. All new squadmates with the possible exception of Tali is what I remember.

Tali seems like a weird choice.  It's possible to help her complete her pilgrimage in the main story and therefore end any interest she has in helping Shepard after ME1 ends.  I'd think Garrus would be the best choice, maybe Kaiden/Ashley (depending on your choices in the first game, should you import your file).

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tali seems like a weird choice.  It's possible to help her complete her pilgrimage in the main story and therefore end any interest she has in helping Shepard after ME1 ends.  I'd think Garrus would be the best choice, maybe Kaiden/Ashley (depending on your choices in the first game, should you import your file).  

Nothing on Garrus, Kaiden or Liara yet. Been alot of demand on the bioware forum for some Shepherd/Tali action, well she does have some nice hips Ashley, and Wrex will have a cameo appearance assuming they're still alive.

So far the announced team members are 2 human females, a human male, a krogan and a guy from a new race the Drell.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Dragon Age will also have a set of armor for ME2, so that will be cool.

I hate Ashley!  I never had her in my squad, yet she killed Wrex and indirectly lead to Kaiden's death!  I never played through the game a second time, but I was so going to kill her!

I'm a fan of Tali.  Dunno why, you never see her face.   Maybe that's why..... *Brock Sampson voice* No, please.  I like it with the helmet on....
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hate Ashley!  I never had her in my squad, yet she killed Wrex and indirectly lead to Kaiden's death!  I never played through the game a second time, but I was so going to kill her!

I'm a fan of Tali.  Dunno why, you never see her face.   Maybe that's why..... *Brock Sampson voice* No, please.  I like it with the helmet on....

I already preordered Dragon Age, wasn't going to pick up untill later on since its our right before MW2, but with bonus armor for itself and ME2 I went ahead with it. $55 @ amazon + $10 off your next video game order. Preorder ME2 from Game Stop so I'll have both armors and the gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
ME2 seems to be leaning more towards a FPS style w/ RPG elements.  I never played ME1, as I tend to like faster-paced gamers & it seemed more RPG-ish, but I'd like to play it beforehand if I decided to get ME2 .  Was my observation correct or is it more middle ground?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ME2 seems to be leaning more towards a FPS style w/ RPG elements.  I never played ME1, as I tend to like faster-paced gamers & it seemed more RPG-ish, but I'd like to play it beforehand if I decided to get ME2 .  Was my observation correct or is it more middle ground?

I thought it was a good balance in ME1, but for ME2 they have just refined the aspects of both the shooting and RPG elements (Ex:  Limb damage, immediate action options in dialogue sequences).  And you really should play the first one, as to get the most out of ME, one has to appreciate, experience and get involved with the story.  Without the story, it's just an average shooter.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I played Mass Effect as xenophobe alien hater, and only used the two humans partners though most of it till the guy died. Obviously I let the council die too. I was actually kind of glad Wrex got killed, he and the rest of his kind were ugly bastards, good thing they are going extinct.

That red armor up top looks almost like Iron Man's armor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top