Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:27 PM EDT
Against better judgement (and all the opinions here) I bought it tonight. Everytime I try to join a ranked server, it tells me I must revert to an original version of BF2. The only thing I've done is download the new patch.

Am I to beleive that I can't play S-FORCES on a ranked server using the new patch?

I have no idea how to revert (short of re-installing BF2), and I'm not sure I want to. Is there a setting to tweak to get it to work? The "same mods" box is checked already.

What's up with this????
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok......I thought I'd keep up with the Jones' and d/l Euro. I entered what I thought was my EA user name and password, and they said it was invalid....ok maybe I don't have an account yet????? I then tried to create one using my BF2 user name and password (the same one they said was invalid), and they told me it was already in use? WTF??????

They should change thier slogan to "Everything's a Challange".
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Others can give you a better answer but you'll have to uninstall completely then install your sf pack and then the full 1.21 patch I think.  I am not sure how the euro pack fits into the equation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to use the full size patch and no the incremental if you havent used the other patches. You need bf2 -> sf -> patch 1.21 -> euro forces. Make sure to use your exact game name as your gamespy account when you d/l euro forces. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy crap...that was painful.

I un-installed EVERYTHING (BF2, S-FORCES)......re-installed them then d/l'd the patch again. Euro is d/ling right now.

Phew.

Thanks guys. See ya on the B-field.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
You should have listened to that "better judgement" LOL.heck
www.planetbattlefield.com.

Each have a HUGE number of posters and I'm sure someone has had similar problems.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Problems are solved.......EA was NO help.....thanks.

S-FORCES isn't too bad....not worth any more than Euro-trash though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top