Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 1:23:19 PM EDT
Have it for GC, currently playing through the game on the hardest difficulty, probably one of the most enjoyable tactical shooters I've ever played.

Can't get enough of this game, word is from the makers, FF2 is on it's way this year, probably out on the 360 and new consoles.  Will be the only reason I buy a 360.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Is FF2 going to be available for the PC? My graphics card wasnt up to snuff to give the demo for FF a good try (only got about 10fps).

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is FF2 going to be available for the PC? My graphics card wasnt up to snuff to give the demo for FF a good try (only got about 10fps).

Kharn

been out since 2003.

out on PC, and all 3 consoles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  The original FF was a piece of shit.  Hopefully this will be an improvement.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting.  The original FF was a piece of shit.  Hopefully this will be an improvement.

FF(2?) on the XBOX was a pretty good game.  I remember it being very short, which was a big let down.

Multiplayer was ho hum.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a cracked copy myself.  Tried to play it, got bored.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

what do you base that on?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FF(2?) on the XBOX was a pretty good game.  I remember it being very short, which was a big let down.

Multiplayer was ho hum.

It is short if you're a game addicted nerd like I was, meaning you put in about 8 hours a day, only takes a few days.  I tried to space it out to maybe 2 hours every other day took me a few weeks.  So I wasn't really let down.

I was impressed by the simplicity of the team commands and control.  Very simple and easy to learn.  That and the weapons were all well done, I mean who doesn't like to carry around the belt-fed 7.62x54r (think it's the PKM).

Anyway, the game is so damn cheap now on all consoles since it's been out for a long time, I would suggest picking it up.

And the PC version is not as good in my opinion simply because it seems like it was made for a console.  It's kind of like playing tomb raider on the PC.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It is short if you're a game addicted nerd like I was, meaning you put in about 8 hours a day, only takes a few days.  I tried to space it out to maybe 2 hours every other day took me a few weeks.  So I wasn't really let down.

I was impressed by the simplicity of the team commands and control.  Very simple and easy to learn.  That and the weapons were all well done, I mean who doesn't like to carry around the belt-fed 7.62x54r (think it's the PKM).

Anyway, the game is so damn cheap now on all consoles since it's been out for a long time, I would suggest picking it up.

And the PC version is not as good in my opinion simply because it seems like it was made for a console.  It's kind of like playing tomb raider on the PC.

I still think it was short.  I played about the same, 3 hours every few days and finished in about a week or so.

If it was longer, I would have been happier.  The final level was fun though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]
i love that game-got it on ps2, get the cheat codes, and blast away!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think there is a FF2.  But I have the first one on GC as well.  A little short, but really good.  If only all squad based games had such great controls.

Killing commies is fun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't think there is a FF2.  But I have the first one on GC as well.  A little short, but really good.  If only all squad based games had such great controls.

Killing commies is fun.

it's not out yet, EA has said it will be at this year's E3 (think that's what it's called), will probably come out at the end of the year or first of next year....meaning on the new consoles most likely.  Reason enough for me to get an XBox360.

wondering what story line they will follow.  Always wondered during the first game where the U.S. military was, or how other parts of the country were fairing.  Would be interesting to see what the sequel follows.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interesting.  The original FF was a piece of shit.  Hopefully this will be an improvement.hr

I am basing it on the PC version.  I played it for about 2 hours -  Didnt like the gameplay or the physics.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am basing it on the PC version.  I played it for about 2 hours -  Didnt like the gameplay or the physics.  Just my opinion.

+1  

Piece of shit.  I hated the console version too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top