Posted: 9/28/2005 11:39:12 AM EDT
Differances?
Pros and Cons for both?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
they really are too completly differnet games
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I think HL2 will have better mods for it.

I used to be big into the Firearms Mod for the original Half Life, the thing that killed it for me was all the crap with Valve/Steam and the bugs I was having with VIOP that bugged me(it really was the CS type community).

The developers/modders that made the Firearms Mod have now gone on to make World At War which is gonna come out on the HL2 engine, SinistralRifleman is even gotten involved a bit(I'd like to think I introduced him to the folks over there).  www.worldatwarmod.com/
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they really are too completly differnet games

Big +1 on that.

Main difference is that HL2 is essentially a single player game with multiplayer capability while BF2 is designed specifically for online team play.

Lots of PROs for each in its own category, very few CONS (other than machine specs).

HL2 is a rich, totally immersive, linear story-driven adventure. BF2 is multiplayer mayhem at its best.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That's where the mods will make HL2 shine though, I never once played through the original HL single player.    I bought it simply for the mods.

I pretty much did the same for HL2 but I actually played through the single player for some reason in that game.

The thing that BF2 does right is bring good vehicle physics to the game, not the greatest but good enough for great online multiplay experiences.    I can't wait for the Project Reality mod to come out for BF2 though, that combined with the patch should be pretty decent.   The Project Reality folks are lookin to add the MK12 MOD0 to the game, that aught to prove interesting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait for the Insurgency Mod for HL2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top