Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 5:14:28 AM EDT

I presumed that a game with particular action such as this would be faux pas, as it mirror-images scenes from Saving Prviate Ryan, Enemy at the Gates, and Band of Brothers.  (I knew I would still love it, but it probably be scorned by the masses because of this 'copy-cating')

But, I've got to say - it's freaking awesome.  It's like being in one of those movies.  The opening scenes at the tree line of the Battle of the Buldge makes your heart race.  The AI, and what they've done with the graphics is stunning.  

Has anyone else tried this game yet?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Call of Duty has been around for a while...I played the original...I'm assuming that United Offensive is a sequel?  

CoD has some great action, graphics, etc.  Medal of Honor sort of set the bar 'til CoD came along.  You may want to check the Medal of Honor series out if you haven't yet.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
it rocks, do u game online
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it rocks, do u game online

No, not as of yet...  I online game with regular COD, but I must get access first for United Offensive
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
What is a good server for beginners who suck at playing and don't want to get killed every 5 seconds?>
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Also check out the Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault demo.

Talk about intense...

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't like MOH: Pacific Assault at all.  It's the same old crap, still lacks iron sight aiming, etc.

CoD: UO is some awesome fun on the servers running realism mods.  Specifically the handful of "tactical realism" servers, so much damn fun it's not even funny.

The addition of the tanks and jeeps and deployable heavy machineguns really makes UO number 1 in the WWII FPS genre IMO...  Unlike most of the other games that have vehicles, Call of Duty was a solid infantry game BEFORE the vehicles were implemented in this expansion, and it really shows in my opinion.  It plays damn solid and is killer fun.  Nothing like infantry and tanks working in concert against an enemy doing the same.  And the maps are very good for the most part too.  

I highly recommend United Offensive if you liked any of the older Medal of Honor games and obviously if you liked regular Call of Duty...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]
"I  didn't like MOH: Pacific Assault at all. It's the same old crap, still lacks iron sight aiming, etc."

MOH:PA does indeed have iron sight aiming. At least the demo I played did. Perhaps you overlooked the button/key command. Plus, you get to man the guns in aircraft, if not fly them outright, although this feature was not in the demo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"I  didn't like MOH: Pacific Assault at all. It's the same old crap, still lacks iron sight aiming, etc."

MOH:PA does indeed have iron sight aiming. At least the demo I played did. Perhaps you overlooked the button/key command. Plus, you get to man the guns in aircraft, if not fly them outright, although this feature was not in the demo.

It has actual irons like call of duty and not just the "slight zoom in" function for better aiming?  I did miss that if so, might just redownload the demo to try it again if so.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Huh, Pacific assault.  Another one I have to get.

Beetle
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Huh, Pacific assault.  Another one I have to get.

Beetle

Looks like I might have to give it a try...  I definitely prefer the iron sights.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top