Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2022 6:49:17 PM EDT
What the hell, I must have a dozen steam games just show up in my library I didn't order.  They are not in my purchase history either.  I have no family accounts so I don't think they are shared.  

eta; they don't show up in my account history or licenses.

ETA 2:  nevermind I was including "tools" in my library.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a weird experience when I installed steam on my Mac.
I had all the Half-Life games just sitting there available to me.
I hadn't ever purchased anything from them, hell this was the first time ever using steam.
The only think I can figure is I registered all these games years ago with the same e-mail address and they remembered.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
At least you didn't get your account hacked like i did years ago.  People will steal anything.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To this day I have about 4 games that I never bought or wishlisted that were just given to me by steam, D&D chronicles, the side-scrolling beat-em up is one of them, don't recall the others. I haven't even attempted to play them.
View Quote

There was a time the D&D chronicles could be purchased as a set with the ability to gift the other copies.  Someone you know gifted it to you and didn't tell you or maybe you forgot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top