Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/1/2021 1:36:21 PM EDT
I'm loving this game. No bullshit future weapons. Minimal hud. Comms are legit. PTT for teammates. Otherwise they and the op for can hear you just by being in close proximity. A good number of bugs but most have been acknowledged by the developer which is promising, But the game is still very playable. Was released on 9/29.

Here's the imfdb page:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Insurgency:_Sandstorm
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw this today.  I've been waiting forever for it to come to console.  I had forgotten about it actually.  Can't wait to play it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Im salty they removed stuff from the pc version just to get optimization done for the console version tbh

-textures
-gore
-vehicles were initially removed.
-starting transports were removed
Etc
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im salty they removed stuff from the pc version just to get optimization done for the console version tbh

-textures
-gore
Etc
View Quote

Damn that sucks dude. Well hopefully they expand on both platforms in the future. I've tried the pc route in the past but I just can't do it. Don't have the brains and mainly the patience. Plus it's nice to kick back on a couch with a big TV.

Anyways I'm beyond impressed. I think the coolest part of this game is a man with an open sight AK is just as deadly as some tricked out m4 or whatever. And the best part is, is NO FUTURISTIC FAGGY SHIT. Also, eta, purple tigerstripe guns or wierd costumes and stuff.

This game reminds me of the ARMAs or VBS2, or operation Flashpoint series. I haven't been this stoked over a game in a long time. Not been impressed with cod since mw4 I guess. And battlefield 4 has been the staple for me and my wife for years, and that game isn't even that great, 3 was better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Damn that sucks dude. Well hopefully they expand on both platforms in the future. I've tried the pc route in the past but I just can't do it. Don't have the brains and mainly the patience. Plus it's nice to kick back on a couch with a big TV.

Anyways I'm beyond impressed. I think the coolest part of this game is a man with an open sight AK is just as deadly as some tricked out m4 or whatever. And the best part is, is NO FUTURISTIC FAGGY SHIT. Also, eta, purple tigerstripe guns or wierd costumes and stuff.

This game reminds me of the ARMAs or VBS2, or operation Flashpoint series. I haven't been this stoked over a game in a long time. Not been impressed with cod since mw4 I guess. And battlefield 4 has been the staple for me and my wife for years, and that game isn't even that great, 3 was better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-textures
-gore
Etc

It isnt bad, but there was some cringe with the newest chinese guns. One is basically an experimental airburst rifle hybrid that has a $20,000 price tag and is available to regular rifleman. Feels out of place tbh.

AI also used to be a lot more aggressive and they toned down sadly

Dont get me wrong, I still play it. But I love the ISMC mod. Crap ton of weapon options are avail.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One is basically an experimental airburst rifle hybrid that has a $20,000 price tag and is available to regular rifleman. Feels out of place tbh.
View Quote

Right, and Also the lack of uniformity between equipment and camos. The ultimate setup would be historically accurate squads and fireteams like on red orchestra. Mainly rifles, 1 or 2 machine gunners, squad leader etc.

But for being a game put on to console, this is as good as it gets.

Eta: I've seen that ISMC mod. I heard a rumor next year they'll release it to us console plebs ??
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right, and Also the lack of uniformity between equipment and camos. The ultimate setup would be historically accurate squads and fireteams like on red orchestra. Mainly rifles, 1 or 2 machine gunners, squad leader etc.

Eta: I've seen that ISMC mod. I heard a rumor next year they'll release it to us console plebs ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One is basically an experimental airburst rifle hybrid that has a $20,000 price tag and is available to regular rifleman. Feels out of place tbh.

Dude it's nuts, especially on servers where you are fighting against almost 100 bots.

Some day of infamy maps were ported over too. So you literally have human waves attacking a beach, while you defend pill boxes. (Insurgents invading Normandy Beach feels weird lmfao)
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude it's nuts, especially on servers where you are fighting against almost 100 bots.

Some day of infamy maps were ported over too. So you literally have human waves attacking a beach, while you defend pill boxes. (Insurgents invading Normandy Beach feels weird lmfao)
View Quote

Brilliant! XD!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, OP. I'm going to check this out. Last "tactical" game I played was RB6V2 on the 360
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Really enjoying it so far. I was bummed that they pushed it back so long, but could t be happier other than the minor bugs that it seems they are already patching.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]
So, OP - this is my favorite (current, but it's been months and I don't see myself changing at all) 'game'.

I come from Flashpoint, VBS1/VBS2 (yep, I'm that old), then ArmA.

I don't touch any of those anymore - naturally - I'm all about Sandstorm.

It's by far the best combat real time emulation I've ever seen. Ever.

ETA: I run a PC version

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I checked out the IMFDB page.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I checked out the IMFDB page.  

https://i.redd.it/i4grd1yycu841.jpg
View Quote
... and I don't even think that IMFDB takes into account the (wonderful) mod out there called "ISMC"; where more real, current guns in configurations (including Geissele rails!!!) are shown and can be had.

Paradise.

PS these are ALL realistic guns and realistic fights. Aimpoints, ACOGs, Elcans, Docters and ACOG RMRs quickly switchable from dot to magnification, it's all there.
G33 magnifier on Eotech dot, blah blah

the shit

ETA I think I need to clarify one aspect (at least);
Sandstorm is STILL a game. Even more so than some of Armed Assault modified environments where one gets to choose real uniforms, equipment as fielded et cetera.
Sandstorm is way more game-y than those.

HOWEVER, Sandstorm has a way better - I think - fast paced, tactical combat aspect than all the previous ones yet without falling into the COD kind of realm where everything is so fake and three headshots won't kill you.

They REALLY focused on the fast paced, realistic tactical aspects. It's adrenaline pumping - every time.

Love it so and can't get enough
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Dudes I can't get enough. I almost wish I didn't have a job(crazy cause I love my job) and the family, well.... early bedtime tonight again kids! I've never really been this  addicted to a game before, except maybe when I was a kid haha.

So ah yep never got to enjoy the Arma series, my PCs could never run it, basically making me give up on pc all together, the time and patience excuse. Buttttttt my first tour in Afghanistan I found a copy of the British version of vbs2 at the bazaar of all places. So I just made my own scenarios with the editor thing and had fun doing that on my laptop. Than a crazy thing happened before my second tour, we all showed up to some air conditioned trailer for some convoy training, go in and see a bunch of computers with steering wheels. Sure enough its fricken vbs2. I remember The instructor was playing an insurgent with a draganov. Think after I discharged I found the US Army lite free version to mess around on. Op Flashpoint was another awesome series I enjoyed as well around that time at the barracks haha!

As far as complaints, lots of people will complain about graphics. Also frame rate. I've got it on both my ps4 pro and the ps5 and I will say the frames suck ass on the pro. It runs great on the ps5 but they dropped the resolution temporarily from 4k with the last patch. I'm probly gonna try to get a second ps5 just for this game in case I need to travel for work at some point. Also I'd feel bad sticking my wife with the shittier console, she plays BF4 here and there, but I'm trying to get her on this IS. That reminds me. The only thing BF really has on IS is vehicles. My wife and I would enjoy running tanks and IFVs, yep also environmental destruction, it's a damn shame there's none of that on insurgency.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
... and I don't even think that IMFDB takes into account the (wonderful) mod out there called "ISMC"; where more real, current guns in configurations (including Geissele rails!!!) are shown and can be had.

Paradise.

PS these are ALL realistic guns and realistic fights. Aimpoints, ACOGs, Elcans, Docters and ACOG RMRs quickly switchable from dot to magnification, it's all there.
G33 magnifier on Eotech dot, blah blah

the shit

ETA I think I need to clarify one aspect (at least);
Sandstorm is STILL a game. Even more so than some of Armed Assault modified environments where one gets to choose real uniforms, equipment as fielded et cetera.
Sandstorm is way more game-y than those.

HOWEVER, Sandstorm has a way better - I think - fast paced, tactical combat aspect than all the previous ones yet without falling into the COD kind of realm where everything is so fake and three headshots won't kill you.

They REALLY focused on the fast paced, realistic tactical aspects. It's adrenaline pumping - every time.

Love it so and can't get enough
View Quote

Mannnnn yeah, really looking forward to possible ISMC modding, and I definitely agree about it not being on the same level of milsim like Arma and what not. Its A very exceptional experience on console tho.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
A few things they fucked up on:
-Red Dot Mounting on the Glock/M9, that was very lazily done. If you look closely it's a universal picatinny mount; yet on the glock it's Bubba'd to the frame.
-Micro Reflex Sights are Thicc and are just recycled from the Desert Eagle.
-Flash Light Brightness got nerfed badly. Now even a 90's Maglite would be brighter. Pro-Tip, for night maps just adjust the Gamma once the novelty of NVG wears off. It's unrealistically dark anyways.
-Reloading with certain grips causes clipping issues and your character's fingers to bend the opposite way.

Granted I did have a lot of fun with Sandstorm, there are some epic feeling moments.

There are some Bullshit Moments:

I generally just do Coop since this game is pretty janky, PVP is frustrating when you end up dying to stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
-Red Dot Mounting on the Glock/M9, that was very lazily done. If you look closely it's a universal picatinny mount; yet on the glock it's Bubba'd to the frame.
-Flash Light Brightness got nerfed badly. Now even a 90's Maglite would be brighter. Pro-Tip, for night maps just adjust the Gamma once the novelty of NVG wears off. It's unrealistically dark anyways.
-Reloading with certain grips causes clipping issues and your character's fingers to bend the opposite way.

Granted I did have a lot of fun with Sandstorm, there are some epic feeling moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUBqqCXt4lY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqc7a3_H88w

I generally just do Coop since this game is pretty janky, PVP is frustrating when you end up dying to stupid stuff.
View Quote

Yep, I noticed that on pistols too. Looks all bubbafied. And to add to it, the makarov is like a tiedied glitch mess on console. Plus no glocks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep, I noticed that on pistols too. Looks all bubbafied. And to add to it, the makarov is like a tiedied glitch mess on console. Plus no glocks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They changed the Glock to a Polmer 80 early in the beta due to trademark, etc.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Mannnnn yeah, really looking forward to possible ISMC modding, and I definitely agree about it not being on the same level of milsim like Arma and what not. Its A very exceptional experience on console tho.
View Quote
Make no mistake bruh - it's MY favorite go to "thing" on any platform and I speak as a former VBS1/VBS2 owner!

been it for the past year or so and I don't see it changing for the immediate future (there IS one title interesting me called "Six Days in Falluja" but we shall see)

PS ETA thanks for SERVING and going to the actual sandbox!
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Make no mistake bruh - it's MY favorite go to "thing" on any platform and I speak as a former VBS1/VBS2 owner!

been it for the past year or so and I don't see it changing for the immediate future (there IS one title interesting me called "Six Days in Falluja" but we shall see)

PS ETA thanks for SERVING and going to the actual sandbox!
View Quote

Six days in Falluja, think that was made in collaboration with a bunch of vets who were there.

And thanks for the recognition man. Service was a great thing for me(Was a clueless barely HS graduate). Got me into the trades, came from the Army Engineers, over to the operating engineers, civilian side.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
A buddy and I are just on the verge of picking this up for console. Should we? We’re sick of all the BS with COD games, and it’s hard to find a good FPS that isn’t all futuristic and unrealistic. I assume there will be a learning curve, but that’s with any “new” game. Is it worth the $30 odd bucks to get?
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Six days in Falluja, think that was made in collaboration with a bunch of vets who were there.

And thanks for the recognition man. Service was a great thing for me(Was a clueless barely HS graduate). Got me into the trades, came from the Army Engineers, over to the operating engineers, civilian side.
View Quote
YesSir!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A buddy and I are just on the verge of picking this up for console. Should we? We’re sick of all the BS with COD games, and it’s hard to find a good FPS that isn’t all futuristic and unrealistic. I assume there will be a learning curve, but that’s with any “new” game. Is it worth the $30 odd bucks to get?
View Quote

Yeah bud, I've had this game since release and I'm still more than hooked. There's points where I get burned out on PvP, than I can switch over to coop. And there's definitely a learning curve but you'll catch on quick. Play with your settings and learn the little tricks to the game.

Honestly the only negative on this game is non destructible buildings, and no armor, tanks, ifvs etc. That goes without saying there's a lot of bugs they need to work out too. The worst of which is crouch to prone is broken. That's got me killed countless times. Also, you might win the lottery as for the amount of bugs you experience. My game crashes here and there on ps5, but others to the point where they supposedly can't get  through a single match. My thoughts to those ppl are hang on and hopefully they get it straightened out cause this game is worth it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah bud, I've had this game since release and I'm still more than hooked. There's points where I get burned out on PvP, than I can switch over to coop. And there's definitely a learning curve but you'll catch on quick. Play with your settings and learn the little tricks to the game.

Honestly the only negative on this game is non destructible buildings, and no armor, tanks, ifvs etc. That goes without saying there's a lot of bugs they need to work out too. The worst of which is crouch to prone is broken. That's got me killed countless times. Also, you might win the lottery as for the amount of bugs you experience. My game crashes here and there on ps5, but others to the point where they supposedly can't get  through a single match. My thoughts to those ppl are hang on and hopefully they get it straightened out cause this game is worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate getting killed by fire support through buildings. Especially if Im on the first floor/basement proned out. Insurgent Drone Strike seems to do this the most

No realism isnt a factor, because said buildings are indestructible lol.

The most common glitches are visible after they added grips. Equip the reloading grip on the Mosin and watch the hands clip through. Even more horrifying is a glitch where the fingers bend backwards during a reload.

They still havent fixed that a year later..
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hate getting killed by fire support through buildings. Especially if Im on the first floor/basement proned out. Insurgent Drone Strike seems to do this the most

The most common glitches are visible after they added grips. Equip the reloading grip on the Mosin and watch the hands clip through. Even more horrifying is a glitch where the fingers bend backwards during a reload.

View Quote

Lol??. At least those(grips glitch) are non life threatening lmao.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big ooff though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]
New Update:
P90 feels anemic, statistically it's an MP7 with a 50 round magazine. But for Advisor Only.
The Vector is kinda meh..

No point in picking a PDW/SMG over an Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle imo. Breacher should have gotten these firearms.

Also they nerfed Breacher by removing C4 from the class. They can no longer use IEDs either.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Wish I would've known about this earlier. Co-op definitely brings back RB6V vibes for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Still loving this game. The update is ok. They've fixed virtually every bug I've encountered before. I don't like how they switched around the load out screen. THE MAKAROV IS STILL TIE DYED ??

Biggest complaint is gay halo mask for the insurgents lol. Oh well, I've seen cartel members wearing stupid airsoft wanna be high speed junk in videos too so who's to say a dumb ass insurgent wouldn't don the same crap lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the ONLY 'game' I play daily. Nothing else. Absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I should get your guys' screen names.  Pretty sure they're making it cross platform next year but I am playstation.

ClownBaBy2013

I'm not on regularly except times I can sneak a couple matches in some evenings. Except early weekend mornings when I can wake up before the family lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I should get your guys' screen names.  Pretty sure they're making it cross platform next year but I am playstation.

ClownBaBy2013

I'm not on regularly except times I can sneak a couple matches in some evenings. Except early weekend mornings when I can wake up before the family lol.
View Quote

Ah PC here.

If you steam its my ARF name, or when I troll I go by Dix4Dayz
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#32]
PC only here, it's Solo (USA)

I would actually love it to play with some brothers from ARFCOM
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ClownBaBy2013

View Quote

I’m on Playstation and I’m getting ready to purchase this. My screen name is my Playstation ID.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Protip, the smoke launcher grenades can 1 shot players. It's hilarious to use in this manner.

Purple is good for Coop, you are less likely to get friendly fired lmfao.

My Insurgent Setup

Attachment Attached File

ISMC Mod gets a Saiga 12
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The game being Janky

Attachment Attached File

Maximum overjank

Attachment Attached File

Atleast I died in a box.

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ClownBaBy2013

View Quote

I'm luny421 on PSN
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So, OP - this is my favorite (current, but it's been months and I don't see myself changing at all) 'game'.

I come from Flashpoint, VBS1/VBS2 (yep, I'm that old), then ArmA.

I don't touch any of those anymore - naturally - I'm all about Sandstorm.

It's by far the best combat real time emulation I've ever seen. Ever.

ETA: I run a PC version

View Quote

The first game I have put 1000+ hours into.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hahahah. I love that dude jumping out the window.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
YASSS - Mikey are you on PC? I'm outa state currently but DO want to add you PC-ers to my Steam-friends-list ASAP

(I only do Co-op by the way); it'd be great if we had an ARFCOM thing going on with Sandstorm, this is the one game that lends itself the best to an ARFCOM op kinda thing imo
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
YASSS - Mikey are you on PC? I'm outa state currently but DO want to add you PC-ers to my Steam-friends-list ASAP

(I only do Co-op by the way); it'd be great if we had an ARFCOM thing going on with Sandstorm, this is the one game that lends itself the best to an ARFCOM op kinda thing imo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im down for coop but a bit rusty.
My only gripe is Ive been playing a lot of TF2 Sniper lately

I feel like switching interferes so bad lol. I cant stop quick scoping now. That and I need to try to sync my mouse settings.

Btw learn how to crouch jump, you can skip mantling objects.

Doing a power slide off if high objects also seems to reduce the falling damage vs just jumping or walking off. You build up some speed too

I usually just run a bolt action/M16/shotgun, pistol, 1 nade and a gas mask and I always did fairly well. The extra movement speed is great for moving to flanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Im down for coop but a bit rusty.
My only gripe is Ive been playing a lot of TF2 Sniper lately

I feel like switching interferes so bad lol. I cant stop quick scoping now. That and I need to try to sync my mouse settings.

Btw learn how to crouch jump, you can skip mantling objects.

Doing a power slide off if high objects also seems to reduce the falling damage vs just jumping or walking off. You build up some speed too

I usually just run a bolt action/M16/shotgun, pistol, 1 nade and a gas mask and I always did fairly well. The extra movement speed is great for moving to flanks.
View Quote
Going to add you up as soon as I'm back stateside
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#41]
after 1000 hours in insurgency, i have stopped. Moved on to Squad, but now had my fill of it after 180 hours.

getting into flight sims now...DCS, and want to buy MSFS
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Insurgency on PC is now my favorite game. And, fortunately, there are plenty of full servers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Insurgency on PC is now my favorite game. And, fortunately, there are plenty of full servers.
View Quote
Times 10.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
after 1000 hours in insurgency, i have stopped. Moved on to Squad, but now had my fill of it after 180 hours.

getting into flight sims now...DCS, and want to buy MSFS
View Quote

Unless you are a real flight sim nut, I'd pass on MSFS.

It's a great game, but DCS is so much more(if you don't mind only flying military).

I get bored with MSFS in the amount of time it takes to learn a single weapon system on the F-18 in DCS.  Don't really bother with DCS at the moment since my dog decided my TrackIR was a chew toy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Just won my first round of Push after 10+ games
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#46]
TL; DR

Is it good on the PS5?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Took me a bit to get into, but I like it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I just bought it. It is half off on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/insurgency-sandstorm?hmb_source=search_bar
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still playing this game daily.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Steam username is SuperSix.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top