Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2021 2:26:58 PM EDT
I put off playing this for awhile and now that I’ve started I’m having a blast.

Some of the physics are weird but you get used to it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I will when it comes to Steam. I will not play epic exclusives.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will when it comes to Steam. I will not play epic exclusives.
View Quote

Should be coming soon, I heard there were some steam exclusive achievements data-mined.

All my friends who play are on console, so I got it for the Xbox.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I played a lot of Mudrunner on the Xbox. Is this one similar or does it have some new gameplay?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]
So much more than delivering logs.

SnowRunner - Gameplay Overview Trailer

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I play it on PS4. Great game for zoning out. Mod support was a great addition although some are OP. Can't wait to see what they add for phase 4.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I play it on PS4. Great game for zoning out. Mod support was a great addition although some are OP. Can't wait to see what they add for phase 4.
View Quote

Yeah time can disappear with this game... “well I’m super close to this other mission over here may as well...” boom two hours gone.

I don’t do the mods, yes some are OP, but some seem like awesome QOL changes. Once I realized how much time was invested I was worried a mod change could invalidate my save game or something.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
my buddy had a ton of hours in it already and talked me into trying it out the other night. it was actually a lot more fun than i expected it to be.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Imandra map can burn. So many troll roads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Steam release.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Steam release.
View Quote
About damn time. I hate Epic exclusives just a bit more than the alternatives.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Steam release.
View Quote

Awesome! I was looking yesterday and there still wasn't a page for it. Looks like we have to wait until the 18th.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a Nintendo switch through a work rewards program, so I have preordered Snowrunner that is being released on the 18th.

I started my logging missions on Saturday and finished them on Sunday so now Michigan is 100% complete. Still have some trailers to go round up and sell but time to move on to Alaska logging missions. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Also, this happened lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]
those logging missions can be a beating.

i'm about halfway through MI now. the game is a lot of fun co-op.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
those logging missions can be a beating.

i'm about halfway through MI now. the game is a lot of fun co-op.
View Quote

I didn’t realize that all log stations didn’t have long and medium logs. Then I realized what kind of shit show I was in for

It was fun though. Taking two medium log trailers (winch towing the second) was a fun haul. Never spilled one. Came real close. Did roll a long log truck and had to delete the logs as they were all wedged into the truck and trailer and I couldn't flip it. There was 45 minutes of pick up and manual loading down the drain!
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#15]
It's amazing how often a half hour delivery can turn into a 3 hour shitshow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I just spent two and half hours to deliver a trailer with two wooden planks. Only required 4 total trucks to get everything back on its wheels and out of the river
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Ain’t no DOT man out here! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I beat mudrunner, but honestly it's too much of a slog solo. Co-op would be fun though. Hook big truck up to fuel truck. Pull fuel truck. Hook big truck up to log truck, pull log truck to fuel truck, then to mill. Repeat 486 times.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I beat mudrunner, but honestly it's too much of a slog solo. Co-op would be fun though. Hook big truck up to fuel truck. Pull fuel truck. Hook big truck up to log truck, pull log truck to fuel truck, then to mill. Repeat 486 times.
View Quote

Played about 4 maps on mudrunner. Got to The Bog, then bought Snowrunner and haven’t looked back to Mudrunner. More variety then just the logs  But they made the log missions in Snowrunner HARD.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

The next load to the goldmine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Nice! I started playing with modded trucks for the first time the other night. downloaded the Mercedes Unimog and Zetros. they're amazing. not gamebreakingly so, but they sure do help move things along a little quicker.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice! I started playing with modded trucks for the first time the other night. downloaded the Mercedes Unimog and Zetros. they're amazing. not gamebreakingly so, but they sure do help move things along a little quicker.
View Quote

Nice! I’d like to try mods. Maybe on another save. I hear some of the mid maps are awesome.

I started a Hardcore mode game.  Definitely makes you think about your decisions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice! I’d like to try mods. Maybe on another save. I hear some of the mid maps are awesome.

I started a Hardcore mode game.  Definitely makes you think about your decisions.
View Quote

...life decisions when I'm 2 hours into a fake logging mission generally.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I made it to the goldmine with my mega load as seen above. Never spilled. Sadly, since I enjoy honking the horn to scare the birds, and since for some reason the sound waves from the horn affect things on the map, it made one of my wooden planks pop out from under my crane.  
so it wasn’t a clean delivery.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I made it to the goldmine with my mega load as seen above. Never spilled. Sadly, since I enjoy honking the horn to scare the birds, and since for some reason the sound waves from the horn affect things on the map, it made one of my wooden planks pop out from under my crane.  
so it wasn’t a clean delivery.
View Quote

that's the most snowrunner thing ever lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Picked it up since it's now on Steam. Just as frustrating as previous games in the Spintires series, but a huge variety of shit to do. Over 24 hours in game, and I haven't finished Smithville Dam yet, haven't been doling contracts yet, just completing tasks, grabbing upgrades and clearing the watchtowers. Lack of proper manual transmission support is super lame, but the Spintires engine/transmission simulation has always been completely terrible anyways. Mouse controls are super clunky, like makes me want to smash my mouse. No idea what's going on there.

Also wondering if the devs know what a diff lock is. Currently sitting in this nutless wonder P12 spinning a single tire and going nowhere
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#27]
If you press and release what ever the clutch button is it will select a better gear. But you’re right, a lack of a full manual trans is lame and has been brought up numerous times on their forum.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Popped into Amur to check it out. A rough map it will be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top