Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 4:53:23 PM EDT
Buddy of mine has GTA 3 for PS2. i love that game.

I picked it up for the PC. i also picked up a gmae controller, to have that PS2 feel. I need a key map though. Anyone have a list of what each button does in the PS2 mode so i cna program my controller to be the same? I've been having lots of problems with this. I always seem to miss sometihng. Thanks a ton. Maybe next i'll hve to give Vice City a try. Any feedback?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url]

most likely in someones FAQ.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well... i found the answer....

In the stetup menu, you can choose standard or classic setup. classic automatically uses the joystick commands. Sweetness....

Anyone try Vice City yet?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but I can't wait.

I really want to pound a hooker in a car, and go to a strip joint. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had it for several months for my PS2.  It's very very sweet.  Some fun things to do in VC;

Sometimes when you're jacking a car with passengers in it, if you get the car to accelerate imediately after entering, the passengers don't have time to get out.  When you drive around like a madman, they just scream and yell a whole lot.  You can then later drive really fast towards a jump near the river, and bail out of the car so it takes them to their death.

Stand around with the Colt Python.  When a motorcyclist rides by, you're able to target the rider.  The Python kills with one shot, so it knocks the rider clean off the bike.

When flying the helicopters, if you get close to the ground and bank enough, the rotor blades will actually kill pedestrians.

When you have access to the West part of the city, find 8-Ball's shop near the docks.  Arm a car with a bomb, then go find a large crowd.  Bail out and when the car gets to the crowd, detonate 8-ball's bomb.

The obvious cause enough havoc to get the Army called on you.  Getting tanks is a lot easier in VC.  They aren't *completely* impervious to gunfire.  If you shoot through the door just right, you can hit the driver, making the tank an easy steal.  Also you can pick the driver off through the windshield as well.

and my favorite ... Steal the Apache from the military base!  Nothing like an M230 and some Hydras to liven things up a bit :)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I ended up pickign up vice city for the PC. It is definitly a blast. And within an hour of buying the game, i had a copy of the cheats printed out.

lol....
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ended up pickign up vice city for the PC. It is definitly a blast. And within an hour of buying the game, i had a copy of the cheats printed out.

lol....
View Quote

I did one better and memorized them

aspirine-full health
preciousprotection-Full body armor
leavemealone-reduces wanted level to 0
thugstools-1st weapon set
professionaltools-second weapon set
nuttertools-third weapons set
gettherequickly-spawns bloodring banger
gettherefast-Spawns that turbo car
getthereveryfastindeed-spawns the race car
ummmm

fightfightfight-makes everyone attack everyone else, really funny
panzer-spawns tank

There are way more, but those are the ones I use when Im bored
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
certaindeath:  your character starts smoking (no advantage to game play but amusing)
hopingirl:  pedestrians hop in car (especially good for picking up hookers or transporting mugging victims to secluded spot).
seaways: your car can drive on water..I always use this one, if there's water nearby I usually end up in it somehow.  Doesn't work for the bikes.
preciousprotection:  body armor...great when you are on a bike...I always end up getting thrown off & roadrashed.

foxylittlething:  you play as Mercedes, the mobsters daughter.  Good for a laugh, esp during the cut scenes because your voice stays the same...must be a diesel dyke.  If you change clothes you'll end up as the original guy & will have to retype in this cheat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top