Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2014 12:04:48 PM EDT
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

Go sign up if you want to... lol, I did, got in instantly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
PS4 servers are shitting bricks
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

It says I got the confirmation order, but it will not show up in my Origin client.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It says I got the confirmation order, but it will not show up in my Origin client.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of people having that same problem....as am I.

Told me I was in, told me "get it now" and I click and it asks me to install Origin.

Shows as completed and fulfilled but not showing up in origin.  Origin is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine just showed up and started downloading.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine just showed up and started downloading.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I for one am done with Battlefield. I can't believe they still haven't fixed BF4. EA/Dice not getting any more of my $.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Narp.

No more for me.

Thankfully I have a massive backlog of single player games to enjoy so no part of me thinks of buying another one of these games.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
AWW hell guys, this is just a beta.

I'm still done paying for pre-ordered crap, but maybe after the price drops... It's still worth hours of drinking fun.  Just not at $70 pre-order prices.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#9]
First impression:  It sucks.

Could be good.  Possibly.  Should have showed up better weapon selections instead of the shitty weapons.

Then again, I think all shooters suck without hardcore mode.  Shouldn't take 2 magazines to kill a single person.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Could be good.  Possibly.  Should have showed up better weapon selections instead of the shitty weapons.

Then again, I think all shooters suck without hardcore mode.  Shouldn't take 2 magazines to kill a single person.
View Quote

I sort of like it... it has vehicles, but really relies on foot mobile stuff.  Which was really lacking in a lot of the more recent BF games... Never liked the idea of whole teams rolling around in armor.  They really opened up the avenues of approach, it reminds me of Bazaar with Levolution.  The gunplay seemed fair for CORE, I could easily take guys down with half a mag.  And with decent feel when firing.  I'd be interested in seeing other maps and game modes.  As the one Demo map seems to be Domination type game mode.  The idea of building hopping and such with grapple hooks and ziplines is pretty cool.

Although the beta seems to be showing lag or FPS issues(haven't played with settings).  And of course they didn't seem to fix or better the hit detection.

And the never ending pile of crap teamates and total lack of tactics players...  Which this game should shine with a team that has some kind of game plan.

I'm still not going to get this one without a good discount.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
heh...the login servers can't handle the load.  It seems like EA fails at every opportunity.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I paid full price for BF4 and the season pass, and I feel like I got cheated.

I'll pass on this one, or maybe revisit it once I get on PC.
View Quote

I don't understand how people keep paying for Battlefield games after 3 and 4 were complete shit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't understand how people keep paying for Battlefield games after 3 and 4 were complete shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the thing, they weren't.  Many, many people play them for literally hundreds of hours and have an absolute blast.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been playing every Battlefield since 1942....

I feel grateful that I don't have precedence
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
i've also been playing battlefield games since 1942, everyone since, even some of the console only titles they did.

battlefield 3 and 4 are awesome. i picked up 4 on black friday for 20$ and the season pass the same day for 30$, 50$ for all of it, and i loved every minute of it. yah there was buggy incidents of shooting someone a bunch and they didnt die or getting shot behind a wall kinda shit. but meh. i still had a ton of fun. and the game never crashed one me once.
hardline tho, i dont know, i signed up for the beta but from what i'm seen it kinda reminds me of battlefield mixed with the  Pay Day games. we'll see how it goes.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I watched some of the gameplay on Twitch yesterday.  It looks like a total conversion for BF4; same mechanics, same graphics, etc.  EA/DICE should be ashamed for pricing it at $60 and not $19.99.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's the thing, they weren't.  Many, many people play them for literally hundreds of hours and have an absolute blast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not saying much.

Farmville and Candy Crush must be fucking amazing games too right? Many, many people play them for literally hundreds of hours and have an absolute blast.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thats not saying much.

Farmville and Candy Crush must be fucking amazing games too right? Many, many people play them for literally hundreds of hours and have an absolute blast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not saying much.

Because it's free.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Lol, no...

After that monstrosity they released called bf4, I have little interest in participating in this title. Between copies for both xbox and xbox one as well as premium, I must of had over 150 dollars invested into that abortion.

im not done with the series like I am with COD, just not worth my time till its unfucked

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#21]
installing the beta now
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck EA.

After BF4, I'm done. Looks like they used BF4 to beta test this new game which will be a reskinned BF4.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Maybe it's different on PC?

View Quote

Yeah, that probably accounts for the difference in opinion.  On PC is pretty damned fun.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I've signed up for it a few times for ps4 and it stated I need to wait for an email....anyone know how long that takes?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I dunno, maybe I'm doing it wrong.  I honestly haven't invested a ton of time into Battlefield, the learning curve to me is very steep.  I came into BF3 late and got curb stomped by level 100 colonels on a regular basis, which ain't a lot of fun.  And I've been playing BF4 on XB1, which is a disaster, barely functional last time I tried playing it.

Maybe it's different on PC?  It feels very gimped, even on next gen consoles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, maybe I'm doing it wrong.  I honestly haven't invested a ton of time into Battlefield, the learning curve to me is very steep.  I came into BF3 late and got curb stomped by level 100 colonels on a regular basis, which ain't a lot of fun.  And I've been playing BF4 on XB1, which is a disaster, barely functional last time I tried playing it.

Maybe it's different on PC?  It feels very gimped, even on next gen consoles.

Going from ps4 to pc was like night and day your sitting in front of your console going holy hell this games beautiful then you get on pc and realize it looks like shit on console.  Then you haft to get used to the fps , people always talk shit about someone complaiming about frames per second but when you go from playing bf4 at 60 fps to 120+ everythings moving so fast it takes awhile to even figure out how to compensate for movement again. On ps4 it took me a week to max out the sniper class and unlock all the rifles on the pc it took me a week just to re learn how to compensate on a moving target.

Does bf4 have issues on pc as well , yes and they seem to get worse only when they release a patch to fix something else but i dont regret spending a hundred bucks on ps4 bf4 and premium then buying it again on pc it was well worth the money.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had a lot of fun with BF3.  Even more so then the last 3 or 4 COD games.  BF4 sucks though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Got it for PC. It's pretty good.

A SHIT LOAD better than  bf4's beta. This is smooth as silk!
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got an email saying I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Been waiting for the email over a day now...
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well I've signed up for it a few times for ps4 and it stated I need to wait for an email....anyone know how long that takes?
View Quote

took mine 5 days to arrive
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dayum
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Still waiting.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#34]
As someone who's only played 3 and 4, what's wrong with them?  I've enjoyed both on PC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#35]
It took mine 3 days to arrive, but dont get excited... it sucks.  It is BF4 with Police skins. Thats it. The "missions" are again the same as BF4 but with a new name.

I thought it might be fun, but its retarded. Police START with RPG's. I thought they would atleast try to make it a little realistic....nope
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It is BF4 with Police skins. Thats it.
View Quote

Yep, and they're shamelessly charging $60 for it.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Soooooo... it's this year's Battlefield 2142 only with even less additional content. Way to go EA, if you're anything you're predictable
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#38]
just what I thought a battlefield Vietnam pack for full price.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats why Rainbow Six 3 was so good, plenty of one shot drops and very unforgiving on multiplayer.  I wish BF3 wouldve had a mode like that with the big maps.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Thats why Rainbow Six 3 was so good, plenty of one shot drops and very unforgiving on multiplayer.  I wish BF3 wouldve had a mode like that with the big maps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should've played multiplayer in "Hardcore" mode...  Most CoM hits were one shot kills with most rifles and the health meter & radar thing were removed as was your ammo hud.  After I found that, I didn't play any regular rounds.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Should've played multiplayer in "Hardcore" mode...  Most CoM hits were one shot kills with most rifles and the health meter & radar thing were removed as was your ammo hud.  After I found that, I didn't play any regular rounds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still do daily on the one server left...everyone else has gone to BF4.  Its not the same as Rainbow Six 3, still get a lot of WTF moments on BF3 hardcore that could or could not be lag related.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I still do daily on the one server left...everyone else has gone to BF4.  Its not the same as Rainbow Six 3, still get a lot of WTF moments on BF3 hardcore that could or could not be lag related.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha; those WTF moments are probably due to the way EA/punkbuster try to balance lag out between players.  I find several instances where I've blatantly gotten the drop on someone yet I still die.  My ping is pretty low so I doubt it's me lagging behind them...

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It took mine 3 days to arrive, but dont get excited... it sucks.  It is BF4 with Police skins. Thats it. The "missions" are again the same as BF4 but with a new name.

I thought it might be fun, but its retarded. Police START with RPG's. I thought they would atleast try to make it a little realistic....nope
View Quote

Meh....everyone bitches about every Battlefield Beta.

"This game sucks! So many bugs a glitches! Where the fuck are all the weapons and vehicles!?"

welll....thats because it is a Beta

I registered on the day they were handing them out....even with my Battlefield OG status....I still havent gotten a notification..

ETA: Apparently I got mine on the 10th....somehow it was filtered to my spam box.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"This game sucks! So many bugs a glitches! Where the fuck are all the weapons and vehicles!?"

I registered on the day they were handing them out....even with my Battlefield OG status....I still havent gotten a notification..

ETA: Apparently I got mine on the 10th....somehow it was filtered to my spam box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am complaining about this shit game that battlefield has become.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#45]
i got my invite the other day. i played in a empty server lastnight. i still havent figured out how to open the garage doors.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Gotcha; those WTF moments are probably due to the way EA/punkbuster try to balance lag out between players.  I find several instances where I've blatantly gotten the drop on someone yet I still die.  My ping is pretty low so I doubt it's me lagging behind them...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im jumping on the IAF hardcore server for BF3 right now if anyone wants to jump on the rape train...got my beer ready!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Am I the only one that didnt have a single issue with BF3 or BF4 on launch? One of the PC patches busted sound on TDM and SQDM for a bit but thats it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that didnt have a single issue with BF3 or BF4 on launch? One of the PC patches busted sound on TDM and SQDM for a bit but thats it.
View Quote

Nope, your not the only one.  But I think the majority had issues with BF4 and everyone is way too critical about the BF franchise now.  No one will ever be happy with them again.  They can add more armor, take it away, add gadgets, take them away, make it more futuristic or not, Etc.  Either way it will bring out the hate from people.  The problem is they have a product that is still making money to the general public.  Until that changes, they have no real pressure to do much more that tweak things here and there.  Same thing with COD... No one sees then reinventing the wheel every release... but DICE and EA should.  And when they don't, here come the basher's that haven't played it since their last favorite release of the game(IE BF2, 2142, etc.).

But it is fun to watch them come out of the woodwork every time they announce a new release...
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

My issues were that the games sucked
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

I had almost no issues with BF4.  I've logged a lot of hours playing it with friends.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top