Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 3:08:46 PM EDT
I see it's available on Steam. Anyone here give it a try? How is it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see it's available on Steam. Anyone here give it a try? How is it?
View Quote

The official campaign is good, but short.  There's supposed to be an expansion coming out any day now, and there's a lot of fan sourced content that ranges from decent to awful.

The focus of the developers was really to build framework to develop stories in rather than create a Shadowrun RPG.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Very fun. I'm excited for the other stuff they release. A solid replacement for FFT for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
As mentioned, the campaign is short but fun and very well written. If you ever played the old Shadowrun games or the pen & paper RPG you'll find the dialog to be very immersive and well done.

They're fairly generous with Karma, so you get to try out quite a few different abilities by the time you finish the game, and you can build pretty much any of the basic archetypes: Street Samurai, Rigger, Decker, Mage, Shaman, Physical Adept. Decking is a little lackluster, but does give you access to a few locked areas and they gave them some skills to use in physical combat as well, so you don't feel useless.

I still haven't gotten around to trying any of the downloadable stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top