Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:45:12 AM EDT
Can I play someone from my pc on their ps3? I am guessing no but maybe the industry has changed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you can not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, you can not.

Thought so. Dang.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you can do that on Counter Strike: Global Offensive..... Look it up, though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
They wont do cross platform because any PC player can wipe the floor with the best console player,  A console controller cannot compete with a keyboard and mouse.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They wont do cross platform because any PC player can wipe the floor with the best console player,  A console controller cannot compete with a keyboard and mouse.

Lol

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Hahaha. good point. Cant you hook up a keyboard and mouse to the ps3?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Hahaha. good point. Cant you hook up a keyboard and mouse to the ps3?

Actually you can, I think, but it has to be a particular Sony version I think.  You can't just plug in any old keyboard without some sort of converter.  And I don't know how well the system works.  I don't think there is a keyboard for the xbox.

And V_S may have a point, to some extent.  The ability to instantly snap to any view or angle with a mouse is a big plus with a twitch shooter.  That said, I doubt that it would make all that much of a difference.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I understand console not being able to play against PC.  But you'd think some games would allow PS3 vs XBOX.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I understand console not being able to play against PC.  But you'd think some games would allow PS3 vs XBOX.

This would change the world.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it would spark a new PS3 vs. 360 debate that would go on for years.  See how much "adults" fight over which console is the best?  Imagine if they were playing against each other.

I have a 360 because it was $140 out the door.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it would spark a new PS3 vs. 360 debate that would go on for years.  See how much "adults" fight over which console is the best?  Imagine if they were playing against each other.

I have a 360 because it was $140 out the door.

I'm guessing that no interested parties would be, well, interested in doing compatibilty.  Right now, if you want to play, say, black ops II with friends who own a PS3 and other friends who own an xbox, you have to buy both the PS3 and the xbox plus all the assorted crap and accessories, and buy 2 copies of the game to boot.  If you make stuff cross-platform compatible Microsoft, Sony, and the game studio/distributor all make less money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top