Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 12:55:20 PM EDT
I just received my Turtle Beach X41 headphones and based on the way my xbox is setup right now, I have no idea how to hook them up.  

Here is the what the back of my xbox looks like right now:

[/URL]" />

The big gray cable plug is going to my TV.  The white fiber optic cable that is plugged into the large gray plug is going to a yamaha receiver.  I have surround sound speakers in the room where my xbox is.  

Do I go from the receiver to the Turtle Beach transmitter?  Would the fiber optic that came with the turtle beach go to the receiver as well?   And would I have to get a red and white lead from the receiver back to the Turtle Beach transmitter?  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
To make it a little more clear...   I am guessing I need to put the fiber optic in an "out" jack on my yamaha receiver, and plug it into the "in" jack of the Turtle Beach.   I am also guessing that I need a read/white audio cable from an "out" jack on the receiver to the "in" on the transmitter.

Is this correct?  Would everything else stay the same?

I have a L/R audio auxiliary on the front of my receiver.  Could I use that to lead to the transmitter?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I dunno how that's gonna work with your surround sound.  I plug into the port where you got that white fiber optic cable, and away I go.

Ok, but where to the red and white cables go from your transmitter?  Straight to your TV?    

I'm not going to give up my TV surround sound.    I will just get rid of the headset if it is too much trouble.  Thanks for the reply.

Do you have to have the red and white cables?   They didn't come with the headset.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Another problem is that I don't have a manual.  I got a fairly good deal on ebay, but no manual came.  

How do you tell if the headset is on?   When I hit the power button the tree on the side turns red and then flashes red for a few seconds and then goes off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another problem is that I don't have a manual.  I got a fairly good deal on ebay, but no manual came.  

How do you tell if the headset is on?   When I hit the power button the tree on the side turns red and then flashes red for a few seconds and then goes off.

Your receiver isn't paired to the headset.  Going off memory, but I think you hold the bypass button on the receiver until the top LED turns off, release it and the LED should start flashing.  At that point, you turn the headset on with the power button and the light on the side of the headset and the LED on the receiver will start flashing.  Once the flashing stops, they're paired.  

I have a manual for mine at home, I'm working late though.  I'll get the stuff you need out of it later tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Thanks....  However, I think I finally found a user guide on the Turtle Beach website.  I will try to work through it.     The manual makes it seem like you only need the fiber optic cable and the power cable.  Does that sound right?

And you are correct, I am getting a slow flashing top light which means I need to match the headset to the transmitter.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I finally got it to work.   I just unplugged the fiber optic going to the receiver and replaced it with the Turtle Beach fiber optic.   You were correct, part of the problem was that the headset and transmitter weren't paired.  

For some reason I thought I had to piggy back off of my receiver.   However, I want that out of the loop altogether because I want the sound through the headset rather than my speakers.  

Thanks for the help Quintin.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top