BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 9:01:34 AM EDT
Anybody play this one?

[Edited to see if it works]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

But I have played Mechwarrior 1-3. They're all great, and I'd recommend picking up 2 & 3 first, as they're both great and would be much cheaper even together. (Mechwarrior 2 has the best instrumental soundtrack of any game I've ever played.) You can probably find MW3 in a bargain bin-type arrangement in a software store for $10 or less. MW2 could be bought for pocket change if you can find it in a store, or it probably wouldn't be hard to find as "abandonware."

Do you already have MW4, or are you considering buying it? If so, I'd love to hear about it first-hand.

PS - If its anything like its three predecessors, it comes highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought MW4 as soon as it was released.  I cannot believe it is not one of the most popular games of all time.  It is really that good.

I am not Mr. Computer Gaming Geek or anything, but there is something about this game that is fantastic.  It never gets boring. If you continue dying in a level it never becomes monotonous changing your weapons config's to beat the level.

I started playing the series with MW2, and this is by far the cream of the crop.  Unfortunately, I had to upgrade my OS to XP for some business programs to run properly, and now my Wingman Xtreme won't work for shit.  I am finishing my new home office in the next two weeks,after which I will buy a new PC and XP-friendly joystick.  Then I will buy the MW4 expansion and start having fun again.

Just my .02. I really don't see anyone who is disappointed with this game though.

Biggun
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Top Top