Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:47 AM EDT
Anyone have any preferences for a punching bag? I'm thinking of either of these. Doesn't have to be these exact one's just examples. I'll be punching and kicking a little trying to get into a routine and start exercising.

Hanging bag?

or standing bag?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Hanging.

Free standing ones SUCK DONKEY COCK.  They get knocked over.  THEY SUCK AND SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE EARTH!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't go as far as maddog but if you have the choice go for
hanging
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. :) I've never had either and assumed the convienance of being able to move the free-standinf one would be nice. I'll get the hanging one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard that kicking a hanging heavy bag can cause structural damage to a house.   For that reason I'm considering a free-standing bag.  I have one of the water-filled ones and it sucks but I'm thinking of getting one of these:

Free Standing Bag

Here is a Youtube video of the bag (with kicking attachment installed) in action:

Free standing bag video
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
one advantage of standing bags is that they don't swing around, so you don't need a training partner.  i have the b.o.b. by century, and with 300 lbs. of sand in it, the base hardly moves.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a hanging Everlast about 2 feet out of a corner of a basement ... for jabs, elbow strikes, and kicks I didn't need a partner.  

And the house is still standing.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
one advantage of standing bags is that they don't swing around, so you don't need a training partner. i have the b.o.b. by century, and with 300 lbs. of sand in it, the base hardly moves.

'cause you're weak!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got bought a century wavemaster about 7 years ago. IIRC it weighs about 280-300lbs full. It sucks. I hardly use it anymore because it's so easy to knock over from a kick or a few punches. Good for kids though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Hanging.  Those free standing bags suck.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the WaveMaster XL or whatever the really big water filled one is called would be ok. The regular sized one will slide around on you. The one you have pictured above is a piece of shit. It will get rattly and loose after a while. You can split the difference and get a hanging bag with a rack but the racks can slide around too. I had to push mine back into a corner. I also hate how the legs of it and the weighs you have to put on it are kind of in the way at least for kicking and stick work.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
one advantage of standing bags is that they don't swing around, so you don't need a training partner. i have the b.o.b. by century, and with 300 lbs. of sand in it, the base hardly moves.

'cause you're weak!

sorry, i forgot i was on arfcom.  both hanging and standing bags are for pussies.  get a dumpster, fill it with concrete - problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Hanging, no question.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'cause you're weak!

sorry, i forgot i was on arfcom.  both hanging and standing bags are for pussies.  get a dumpster, fill it with concrete - problem solved.

now that's the funniest shit i've seen in a while

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top