Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:03 AM EDT
I enrolled in a MMA/ Boxing class. We were doing some sparring the other night, and I hit a wall (it was padded)pretty hard with my head and shoulder plus my weight and the dude I was sparring with. I got up feeling a little dazed, then my neck started feeling really sore.

I had my wife massage it last night, she said she could feel a "knot" down on the lower part of my trap. When she pushed on the "knot" it kind of hurt, but made it feel a little better at the same time, if that makes sense.

What the hell did I do to it? Anyone else have an injury like this? I have played a lot of football and never had anything like this before.

It's sore as hell today. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a Naproxen or some other NSAID. Maybe see a massage therapist. Give it plenty of rest and possibly try a cold shower or bath.

Probably just a contusion, or a strain. I'd give it a week and then reassess the situation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Please be careful with head impacts that leave you 'dazed'. Is your head fully clear now?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, my head is good (I have a pretty thick skull) . I think it's in the muscle because it's getting a little better. Deadlifts help it out huh? I must confess, I haven't been doing deadlifts at all, but have been doing power cleans. I should work some deadlifts in too I suppose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top