Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:17:52 PM EDT
Looking to get a good protein and was wondering which form is best? There are times when I cannot mix a shake and would be able to choke tabs instead. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll probably get a variety of answers.

My opinion, the 'best' protein supply is natural (lean beef, chicken, tuna, etc).  But, if you're not able to mix a shake, you probably won't be able to grill meat either LOL.

I'm not familiar with the tablets, I've used either powder or protein bars. The protein bars are convenient to take along if you can't make a shake, but can be expensive.  However, there are recipes online where you can make them home-made using whatever protein powder you're currently using...some of them are pretty good, and a lot cheaper than if you were buying them from GNC or where ever.  Google 'protein bar recipes', or I'll see if I can't find that site I found them on a while back, there was one site that had several different ones.

ETA:  some google results
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the protein powders myself. Get a shaker. They are available at GNC and supplement chains. They have a little diffuser gizmo that makes the powder mix well. Make sure to get a larger size one and buy 2 or 3. You can mix up a whole days worth in one shaker and hit on it between or after meals. If you have a few you will always have a clean one. Make sure any protein powder you buy says it mixes easily with a spoon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking for a suplemtent, go to EDGE nutrition and get a 10 lb. bag of Optimum nutrition 100% whey, or BMF hardcore 10+1. As cheap as you can get it, and tastes pretty good too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Did nto know they made protein tablets.  That would be a waste of money. If you mean amino acids try to see how many tablets add up to 100 grams of protein and see what that costs too.  I use All The Whey vanilla and it mixes with a spoon.  See no reason you could not use a spoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top