Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:48:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one 5 weeks ago and it was worth it. I can already tell a big difference in overall strength and body tone and I work on it 3 days a week for about an hour. I Bought the Sport model it came with 210 lbs of resistence rods (upgradable to 410 lb). It does 65 different excercises but all I do is standing bicep curl, triceps pushdown, bench press, chest fly, rear deltoid row, seated shoulder press, ab crunch, leg extensions, squats, seated bicep curl, and barbell curls.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
See if you can pick up a used one, they are decent machines, BUT way over priced.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
See if you can pick up a used one, they are decent machines, BUT way over priced.

Good Advice.
I bought mine at Dicks Sporting goods for $799 NIB. If you get one off the Bowflex site, expect to pay at least a grand. I just keep looking around till I found a deal.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the first model and have been using it for allmost 5 years. It is a good machine well worth the price. Look in the fitness classified section of the paper may take a couple of weeks but you well get a brand new on for half price. I would buy one again except mine works great.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You probably don't need exercise equipment now that you can't afford gas and will be walking everywhere -
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

DSVET91..can you do any leg exercises on the Sport model?
They are pushing the Xtreme model on their website.

Yea, the only leg excercises I do are leg extensions and squats. There are a bunch of them in the manual so you can pick and choose what you what to do.

As far as the Xtreme, they push that one cause its a high dollar model, but with the Sport you get every thing that the Xtreme has, just not the size and its set up different, but its upgradable to 410 just like the Xtreme. I think the say that you can do 90+ plus excercises on the Xtreme, but you can also do most if not all of the same ones on the Sport.

Update:
Dicks website has the Sport for $799 and includes free shipping. (dickssportinggoods.com)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I would never get one and here is why.  
My dad was looking for a weight machine for himself and my brother.  We went to a store that sold bowflex as well as a really nice Tuff stuff station.  The Tuff stuff used cables and a weight stack.  
IMO the bowflex is wierd feeling becuase you feel the most resistance at the top of the rep and none at the beginning.  The hardest part of lifting freeweights is at the starting point and you cant experience that will "Power Rods".  Its hard to be able to tell this but go to a gym or store that has the 2 side by side and you will immediately be able to tell that you like the stack system better.  Just my .02 but all 3(my dad,brother, and me)went in thinking the bowflex was the shit and now none of us will touch them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Machines like that are all gimmick and no gain.  Go to Crossfit.com and start doing the workout listed.  Mostly pull ups, push ups....other basic bodyweight excercises and olympic lifts.  You can save yourself a ton of money by getting an olympic bar with some weight and basically building other stuff like pull up bars and medicine balls.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy quility free weights instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top