Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2004 5:37:28 PM EDT
Hey guys

I'm about to start working out at a real gym finally. I'll have time to go at least 3 times a week, hopefully 4. What would ya'll recommend to get in GOOD shape (total body) in 4 - 6 months? Looking to mainly build muscle mass, more then burning alot of fat.

I'm in decent shape already, so after a warmup week or two, I can go pretty hard. Any thoughts would be much obliged.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
try google search. Ironman mag.  had a god routine I started last year with free weights. 3 months into it I could tell the diffrence.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Lets say 4 months and 3 days a week.  Since you want to gain mass break up sections of you body per month.

Say... something like this:

Month 1 - Chest and Biceps
Month 2 - Tri's and Back
Month 3 - Shoulders and legs
Month 4 - All of the above.

Since you only have 3 days given, its hard to get anywhere spreading the whole body that ammount of time per week.  Now, don't do this with 5 days because you will need the time off between workouts.  I would recommend against working out two areas that effect each other, e.g. chest and tri's.  

More specifically on each month, take the first 2 weeks and do Low Weight/High Reps and the last two weeks do High Weight/Low Reps.

That is what I would suggest with the time alotted and what not.  If you would like some ideas on what lifts to do and things like that, I'd be more than welcome to toss some ideas.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Read Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubick.  Do what he says.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lets say 4 months and 3 days a week.  Since you want to gain mass break up sections of you body per month.

Month 1 - Chest and Biceps
Month 2 - Tri's and Back
Month 3 - Shoulders and legs
Month 4 - All of the above.

Since you only have 3 days given, its hard to get anywhere spreading the whole body that ammount of time per week.  Now, don't do this with 5 days because you will need the time off between workouts.  I would recommend against working out two areas that effect each other, e.g. chest and tri's.  

More specifically on each month, take the first 2 weeks and do Low Weight/High Reps and the last two weeks do High Weight/Low Reps.

That is what I would suggest with the time alotted and what not.  If you would like some ideas on what lifts to do and things like that, I'd be more than welcome to toss some ideas.

This is fine and dandy and all if you have the proper body type for it. Not everyone does and you can end up spinning your wheels if you don't.

Guys like me, lean, lean muscle mass, 6'3", 202lbs have a hard time getting anything done with a program like above.

Three different body types, cant think of off the top of my head.

But anyway for the skinny type, a repetitive, overall body workout, while increasing the weight yields great results for putting on mass/strength.

www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

This is the program i started 1 cycle ago. GREAT gains, best workouts of my life.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a thin type as well.  I usually bounce around 190 - 210, but I do an overall body work out each week, but if I only had 3 days to do it... it would work as grand.

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Day 1 - Chest / abs
Day 2 - Biceps / abs
Day 3 - Triceps /abs
Day 4 - Back
Day 5 - Shoulders / legs / abs
Day 6-7 - Rest

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#8]
If you can't get it done in 3 days a week or less then you won't get it done at all.

www.streroidology.com

Good fitness/workout info there, course there's steroid info, but there's several forums there not having to do with steroid use.

Lookup the 5x5 routine.

Nikkels.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Day 1 - Chest / abs
Day 2 - Biceps / abs
Day 3 - Triceps /abs
Day 4 - Back
Day 5 - Shoulders / legs / abs
Day 6-7 - Rest

Fixed it for ya

works for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top