Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2022 2:47:18 PM EDT
Some of you may have seen the Facebook advertising for Hone Health. They mail you a kit, you provide a blood sample and mail it to the lab, and then you have a 30-minute online consultation with a real doctor.

I did this - you don't have to!

Here's my results (skip these  if you don't care):
Click To View Spoiler

They recommended 2 prescription meds for off-label use. The cost if I decide to go through with treatment is:
$120 - Monthly fee
$34 - Med 1
$20 - Med 2

For a total cost of $174/month. They also offer vitamins and herbal products for $40-70/month.
They don't tell you about the monthly fee until you get THIS deep into the process. The fee covers a 30-min doctor consult once every 3 months as well as additional blood tests every 3 months.

Maybe this is cheap compared to a traditional doctor? I'm not sure. Probably not going to do it because even according to their doctor I have no major issues.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the lab costs with his doc, but I know my training partner gets 10ml bottles of Enanthate 300 at Costco for $20 using good RX.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure on the lab costs with his doc, but I know my training partner gets 10ml bottles of Enanthate 300 at Costco for $20 using good RX.
View Quote

I'm thinking about taking the lab results to my GP and see what he says. He might just have me do another blood test which would be fine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you fat, do you get enough sleep, do you eat enough cholesterol, and do you lift heavy weights regularly?

Why jump immediately onto meds without trying to fix the underlying problem first?

Remember, this company is trying to sell you their product.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you fat, do you get enough sleep, do you eat enough cholesterol, and do you lift heavy weights regularly?

Why jump immediately onto meds without trying to fix the underlying problem first?

View Quote

Yes, no, yes, no
I'm overweight but I am doing Keto right now to lose some.

I do 6500 pushups a month and walk every day right now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, no, yes, no

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, no, yes, no

Reduce your body fat, get more sleep, and start lifting some weights, then check it again.

If your numbers are only slightly off, you can fix it still.

High body fat contributes to estrogen levels.

Why medicate the symptom instead of trying to fix the problem first?
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
And before anyone says "quit being lazy" I work two jobs 80-100 hours per week. I literally have very little time for exercise.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And before anyone says "quit being lazy" I work two jobs 80-100 hours per week. I literally have very little time for exercise.
View Quote

That shit will kill you man, no wonder your levels are below normal.

The extra fat is probably more an issue than lack of exercise, that and stress/lack of sleep.

That can be fixed passively though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm totally against using medication to fix a problem that can be fixed with proper diet, sleep patterns, exercise, and stress reduction.  If you are working two jobs at 80+ hours per week do you really need to?  Sixty hours a week is my limit at work and I workout every day with 5 days a week being heavy lifting.  I can eat as much as I want and am ripped with no need for test replacement at 47 years old.  I'm also against keto except in some rare cases of extremely over weight diabetics.  The people I take advice from who are professionals say keto will allow you to lose more weight quicker than any other diet, but long term it's not the best answer.  Quick answers like drugs or keto are rarely the best answer...the best answer is changing your lifestyle for long term success.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm totally against using medication to fix a problem that can be fixed with proper diet, sleep patterns, exercise, and stress reduction.  If you are working two jobs at 80+ hours per week do you really need to?  
View Quote

Yes, I really need to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm considering a service like this. My endo is horrible dealing with my testosterone levels. Did they tell you what med will supposedly boost your testosterone levels? Chances are you can get it OTC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm considering a service like this. My endo is horrible dealing with my testosterone levels. Did they tell you what med will supposedly boost your testosterone levels? Chances are you can get it OTC.
View Quote

Clomid and Anastrazole
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the general wisdom is that anything OTC isn't going to do shit, the good stuff all requires a prescription.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I preferred to go to a real doctor. He prescribed Clomiphene citrate.  I take it with my other supplements.  It tricks your brain into creating testosterone. Cheap...around 30$ a month. Took me from a low of 290 to 700 in 3 months. I have since leveled off at about 600. I'm 64.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I preferred to go to a real doctor. He prescribed Clomiphene citrate.  I take it with my other supplements.  It tricks your brain into creating testosterone. Cheap...around 30$ a month. Took me from a low of 290 to 700 in 3 months. I have since leveled off at about 600. I'm 64.
View Quote

Did you lose weight as your testosterone went up?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, I really need to.
View Quote

In your situation if you need to work two jobs and 100 hours a week you need to fix that.  Anything more than 60-70 hours a week isn’t healthy.  Stress matters as does a good nights sleep.  This obviously frees up time to prepare proper healthy meals and workout as well.  

I have plenty of time to sleep 7 hours and prepare 6 healthy meals a day and workout with the help of my wife while I work 60 hour weeks every week.

100 hours per week isn’t healthy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think the general wisdom is that anything OTC isn't going to do shit, the good stuff all requires a prescription.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Most of the OTC stuff is snake oil.  I know because I've wasted money on it.

I had a buddy who got on T therapy (didn't need it, but doc shopped until he found one who'd prescribe).  Got shredded in 30 days.  But he had to take a bunch of other stuff to combat shrinking nuts and estrogen production.

He rolled off the TRT and it didn't take him long to get back to skinny fat.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I was looking at Marek health. $250 deposit, $450 blood test(almost double that for the full panel), then they apply your deposit towards the consult. They say their average patient spends $350/mo. A lot of fitness podcasters talk them up. I have zero experience, just starting to look into this for myself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Clomid and Anastrazole
View Quote

I tried clomid and it didn't do crap for me, but my pituitary is fucked so i'm a different case.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was looking at Marek health. $250 deposit, $450 blood test(almost double that for the full panel), then they apply your deposit towards the consult. They say their average patient spends $350/mo. A lot of fitness podcasters talk them up. I have zero experience, just starting to look into this for myself.
View Quote

Hone would be a lot cheaper than that. $45 to get started and then about $175/month.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hone would be a lot cheaper than that. $45 to get started and then about $175/month.
View Quote

Maybe I missed it, but what is your current height, weight, and body fat %?  You can guess on the body fat percentage if you've never measured it.

Also what does your diet look like?  Give an example day of what you eat throughout the day.  Include all snacks and anything you put on your food.

You work 80-100 hours a day what is it that you do during these 100 hours a week?

You do 6500 pushups per month so over 200 per day.  There are more effective exercises that would accomplish more for your time, but I'm curious about your answers to the other questions.  I'm not looking to judge you as a person, but rather give everyone a better idea where you are and what changes you could make to give you the most bang for your limited time.

I'm strongly against using drugs especially in your case when they don't seem warranted when there may be many other areas for easy improvement that could help you tremendously.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Clomid and Anastrazole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clomid and Anastrazole

So essentially a PCT. Not available over the counter but can certainly be purchased online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top