Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2019 10:58:01 PM EDT
I have a couple of people at work drinking BodyArmor water and Core water. Both pretty expensive

Amazon Product
  • PREMIUM SPORT WATER: Enjoy a pack of 12 of our 1 Liter 8+ pH alkaline sports water. More electrolytes + pH for a better water.
  • PROPRIETARY FORMULA: Our product uses a sports electrolyte formula containing high levels of potassium, magnesium, and calcium to fuel your body.
  • FAST HYDRATION: Wide Mouth bottle for faster superior hydration. Finally, a water that works as hard as you do.

Amazon Product
  • NUTRIENT ENHANCED WATER: Comes with 12 refreshing, nutrient-enhanced 1.3 Liter waters. CORE is designed to work with you, promoting hydration and balance. All bottles are 100% recyclable and BPA-free.
  • PERFECT pH LEVEL: It is ultra-purified with just the right amount of electrolytes and minerals to work in harmony with your body's natural 7.4 pH balance. Being too alkaline or acidic can be harmful to your body - our water maintains a natural balance.
  • NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS: Not a trace of fluoride, chromium 6, MTBE, arsenic or chlorine. Instead we use proven electrolyte and mineral support; reverse osmosis water, calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, and potassium bicarbonate for taste and hydration

bodyarmor had a ph8 and core had a ph7

what does the PH balance really do? what are the benefits of drinking this water?

a healthy snack I like to eat when im craving something with a different taste:

pistachios

Amazon Product
  • SIZE: 32 Ounce Bag
  • FLAVOR: Roasted & Salted. Our best-selling flavor, perfect for everyday snacking
  • EVERYDAY SNACKING: Perfect for easy entertaining and snacking throughout the day

what are some of your favorite healthy foods, snacks or drinks?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:05:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Coffee
Chocolate
Water
Pistachios
Pecans
Macadamias
Jerky
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Pepperonchinis
Pork Rinds
Almonds
Bacon
Vodka & diet soda
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
So OP, been a while since I brushed up on it but basically your body should be at whatever pH it's supposed to be at. Your average american diet gets it more acidic than it should be (grossly oversimplified version but fuck it I have better stuff to do). Basically these pH balanced waters are something I generally classify as snake oil. If you're worried about pH generally eating a balanced diet with plenty of greens and what not is going to help more than paying for pH balanced bottled water. Just my .02.

Healthy snacks for me:
Greek yogurt
Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc)
Pork rinds
Protein shake
Apples, bananas, etc.

Honestly don't really snack much, like to have 2 or 3 large meals. If I'm doing keto it's basically hard boiled eggs, nuts, pork rinds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Meijer Deluxe Mixed Nuts (cost/unit calculator)
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Fruits, vegetables, meat, and water.

The water coming from my tap is 7.4 ph. Maybe I should start bottling it and selling it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Pickled Eggs
Cheese (sharp or mozzarella sticks usually)
Jerky when I have it.

A few pickled eggs, some cheese, and some pickled green beans are usually my go too though. Good fat and protein and pretty calorie dense. I make pickled eggs in big batches and pickle the green beans out of the garden every summer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So OP, been a while since I brushed up on it but basically your body should be at whatever pH it's supposed to be at. Your average american diet gets it more acidic than it should be (grossly oversimplified version but fuck it I have better stuff to do). Basically these pH balanced waters are something I generally classify as snake oil. If you're worried about pH generally eating a balanced diet with plenty of greens and what not is going to help more than paying for pH balanced bottled water. Just my .02.

Healthy snacks for me:
Greek yogurt
Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc)
Pork rinds
Protein shake
Apples, bananas, etc.

Honestly don't really snack much, like to have 2 or 3 large meals. If I'm doing keto it's basically hard boiled eggs, nuts, pork rinds.
View Quote
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a panda express near where I work...I get the broccoli beef and teriyaki chicken with a side of vegetables . Fills me up for hours fir just a few calories
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Unflavored porkrinds and cream cheese for the win!
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a panda express near where I work...I get the broccoli beef and teriyaki chicken with a side of vegetables . Fills me up for hours fir just a few calories
View Quote
That stuff is so greasy I can't eat it
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Envy apples
Fresh pineapple
Baby carrots
Mixed nuts consisting of peanuts, cashews, pistachios, pecans, walnuts and almonds
Sunflower seeds
PowerBar protein bars
Homemade beef jerky
Protein shakeso
Greek yogurt
Lots and lots of water
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Sardines in olive oil
Smoked Herring packed in water
Tuna in pouch
Protein shake
Cottage cheese
Pickled eggs
Sunflower seeds
Kosher pickles
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ll often eat some cheese and crackers with a fresh jalapeño.

These pretzel crisps are quite good, and dirt cheap at Costco

This cheese is incredible, sweet and bold with tiny calcium crystals that give it a salty zing. Also at Costco

I also snack on baby carrots and broccoli

And those little cherub tomato’s are badass

I also love the smokehouse almonds, pistachios, and cashews. But I have to watch those, I can get up in the 500 calorie range VERY easily
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus that's some expensive drinks.

For me- black coffee (home roasted) if I'm driving a long or up early I might have a Bang.

I try not to snack much because I can get carried away really easily, but when I do I like spicy pork rinds...chocolate too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I fuckin love Bangs
View Quote
Bangs are best. Monster was holding me back with lame flavors for no sugar.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Carrots
Celery
Broccoli (raw)
Mixed greens
Apples
Bananas

I have all kinds of nuts on hand-  pistachios, peanuts, walnuts, almonds.  Pumpkin and sunflower seeds, craisins.

Beef jerky
Smoked sardines

Granola

I will cook boneless chicken thighs on my Traeger and refrigerate them.  I'll slice them thin and eat them with some sharp cheddar and whole grain crackers.

I also like a little cottage cheese with whole grain crackers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bangs are best. Monster was holding me back with lame flavors for no sugar.
View Quote
Bangs are amazing. cotton candy for the win.

Also, don't try DEVOUR tv dinners. Theyre awesome. spicy Italian sausage pestro ravioli is delicious
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
need some more ideas to suppress my appetite for tasty/unhealthy foods

I think im going to buy some more flavored bcaas to drink throughout the day to suppress my appetite some. it worked fairly decent in the past

and some combat protein bars
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Stuffum Naturals has some pretty tasty stuff.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m addicted to these.

Attachment Attached File

And probably drink too many of these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#23]
dark chocolate
cashews
Sams club tropical trail mix
lots and lots of water
any kind of fruit
Triscuits and pieces of deli cheese
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top