Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2013 11:10:55 AM EDT
Was cruising through NETFIX looking at food documentaries and stumbled upon this one. I've been wanting to diet and lose weight for a while, even looked at the paleo and started planning for that but got caught up in life. For some reason this one, the video and the idea of rebooting the body motivated me, so I did my research on juicers (I never not do the research on equipment) and got an Omega VRT350HD. I have an ailment or two I'd like to see go away, including the weight (bout 50-60lbs) and high blood pressure. It's day one and I'm doin good so far, I can smell food afar off in the caff at work but I'm stayin away.
Short term plan is to make it 7 days then record the weight and BP. If alls good I'll go another 7 till I reach my goal. ETA: long term goal is to just eat healthier and less proportions, maybe even paleo once I get there. I'll add some current stats after I can get to a BP machine today.

ETA2: stats as of this morning  BP 140/95 P83bpm 216#s. I'll report back in 6 days.

UPDATE: 10lbs lost and my BP is 115-120s/70s.
The BP is a major victory because I haven't seen those numbers in years. My energy levels are up and one ailment in particular is getting a little better, not huge but a marked improvement. Not a 100% fast like I intended: had a few cups of coffee, a bowl of steamed veggies, a few salads here and there, some tuna fish or a handful of mixed nuts when when my stomach thought my throat was cut. Major blow out at my friends house warming party this last weekend, lol (plate of ribs, sauerkraut dag and two beers).
Overall I'm pleased with the outcome and will continue till friday then incorporate one meal a day till I get the results I want.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dew it.

Even though I weep for your body composition.
View Quote

The muscle loss? I'm looking for ways to add protein into the mix.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
tuna and egg are cheap sources of protein.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I never have seen the point in drinking food when you can eat it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

To lazy to make something and eat it......actually if I could just hook up an IV that would be great.  Eating in just and inconvenience that I need to do everyday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

After making smoothies last weekend we were debating how big of a straw would be needed for blended sirloin and salad.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

After making smoothies last weekend we were debating how big of a straw would be needed for blended sirloin and salad.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too big.

Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too big.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20130828_172251_zps64573f7f.jpg

You win the internet. The whole thing, it's yours.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too big.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20130828_172251_zps64573f7f.jpg

No it just this.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11235983

And it tastes awful.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shoulda rolled with the fruit punch, brah. I drank a gallon of it during my first meet back in April, along with some preworkout and Haterade mixed in. Made for a nice fuel source for an eight hour meet.
View Quote

Good to hear I bought some of it too. It was on sale.

I heard the blue raspberry was really bad.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump for update in OP
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Keep up the hard work!  When you're done with the "reset" continue to regulate your BP the BEST WAY BY FAR.  Inexpensive, natural and works, trust me.  You won't hear this from a med prof.  Bragg's raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, "with the mother".

I've had great success with it and virtually no other changes in diet, so have many others I know.  Including getting my father (up there in age) completely off of his BP medicine.  

Just a couple tablespoons two to three times daily, mixed with water so you can get it down.

It tastes like
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top