Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 8:01:23 PM EDT
I lost around 50 lbs over the winter, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to tone the loose skin. I know situps don't tighten up the skin, plus I am disabled, so that's out of the question. (I can do some, but limited)
The skin isn't flabbing over, it just needs to be toned a bit (The last fat that won't go away too). Is there some creme or something that works?
I do the exercises my body allows, and it's as toned as it'd going to get through exercising.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
50lbs is alot.One large plate at the gym is 45lbs.What percent of your body weight was the 50lbs..20% would be like 250lbs to start,thats alot over a winter(6monthsish).I'd think if you can keep it off....[b]Time[/b] and continous twists/ab-work type exercises and same lifestyle will help.It will not happen over night,with a cream or a pill.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]

I would suggest talking to your doctor.  

He will likely refer you to a plastic surgeon who would cut off the excess skin.

There is no amount of excercise that will remove excess skin.  I'm unaware of any creams or gels that would fix this.  

Good luck, and congrats on losing the weight.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
As you were told correctly, the skin won't shrink. It will stretch, but not shrink that much. One reason that you see bodybuilders with stretch marks around the upper chest/shoulder area.  A good plastic surgeon can do internal stitches that are very cosmetic.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]

About 7 years and your skin will naturaly shrink back close to it's original...  

No kidding... [:)]

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm with sid here..... lost about 100lbs. between 17-19th year of my life. Now a few solid years of work and stress have me @ between 160-175lbs, depnding on the season. On my 5'9" frame, it's not too bad, though I am still solidly built. However.... the skin. Oh, the skin! Unfortunately, I have come to the realization that surgery is about the only thing that will take care of that. Anyone out there have any guess-timations on how much that'd run me?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone out there have any guess-timations on how much that'd run me?
View Quote

I knew a guy who donated his skin to the U of M burn unit.  The Doctors did it for free.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Beware the Ab Demons!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top