Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 2:06:43 PM EDT
My wife wants to use this for weight loss.
Is hCG safe is it for real?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a couple people that have used it .  They all lost a lot of weight, but when you're only eating 500 calories a day
you will lose weight.  They have all regained the weight and then some.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are a ton of studies that have proved this doesn't do anything for weight loss, and the stuff you can find on the market contains little to no hCG in the product.  This is one of those scams if you do the research.  Like the guy that posted before me, its the 500 cals a day thats the biggest factor in the weight loss.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If I ate 500 calories a day, I'd shed about a pound a day, without voodoo pregnancy drops.  Really, how long do you think 500 calories a day is sustainable?  

A sensible eating plan, mental reconditioning, and well defined long term goals are all you need.  It won't happen overnight, but if you're consistent, it'll eventually happen.  

There you go.  Send me the voodoo pill money instead.  I actually gave you something for it.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea all those people selling HCG for the cause is absolutely fake.

You may as well get "HGH" in pill form
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#5]
500 calories a day will obviously make you lose weight.  Screw the hcg.  

I know someone who stayed on this too long and started going bald.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#6]
HCG is for real when injected sub-Q in men experiencing low testosterone levels.  In addition, for men supplementing testosterone, HCG prevents your balls from shrinking.  But, the diet thing I'd be sceptical about.

dvo
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I know a lot of people that have lost 20ish pounds on hcg.

Every single one of them have gained it all back.

Trying to live off 500 cals a day will mega fuck your mind and body.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I did the hcg diet.  I did one month on, one off and one on.  After those 3 months, I lost a total of 30 lbs. That was the end of january.  I only have gained back maybe 3-5 lbs after I went back to exercising.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I know someone who did the diet and lost about 40 lbs. As stated only 500 calories per day, things like cabbage, shrimp, asparagus.

That person has since gained it back. Also seems to have had a shift in hormones since doing the diet, not for the better. I'd highly suggest avoiding it. Get a personal trainer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I know someone who did the diet and lost about 40 lbs. As stated only 500 calories per day, things like cabbage, shrimp, asparagus.

That person has since gained it back. Also seems to have had a shift in hormones since doing the diet, not for the better. I'd highly suggest avoiding it. Get a personal trainer.

That is a side effect.  I was pretty testy and my mood changed while on it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a ton of studies that have proved this doesn't do anything for weight loss, and the stuff you can find on the market contains little to no hCG in the product.  This is one of those scams if you do the research.  Like the guy that posted before me, its the 500 cals a day thats the biggest factor in the weight loss.

This. That being said, my wife and stepson are both on it. The boy has been more disciplined and has lost 30 lbs. I think the most beneficial thing about the diet (not the hCG) is that it taught him about nutrition. The 500 calories is very strict concerning what you can and cannot eat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top