Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 10:33:44 AM EDT
[b]Objective:[/b] Render opponent not fight worthy.

[b]Scenario:[/b] You being the better person, decide to walk away.  While walking away, you have your back to them for some odd reason (Why? Who knows! But you do!).  They are not finished with the conversation, and decide to grab your shoulder.

[b]How To:[/b]

[b]1)[/b] While having your back face them, the opponent uses their right-hand to grab your left shoulder/collar bone.

[b]2)[/b] Once their hand is on top of the shoulder, lift your right arm and firmly grasp their hand.  Doing so, you should pin their hand to your shoulder.
It is very similar to putting your hand on your heart during the pledge of allegiance, except you are pinning their hand on your shoulder.

[b]3)[/b] Once your firmly have their hand pinned, take a 1/2 step backwards with your left foot.

During that, move your left hand forward into a counter-clockwise movement.

You will be moving your arm OVER theirs that is still pinned, while aiming your PALM at their elbow.

Once the counter-clockwise movement is near back at starting position, your palm should be cupping their elbow.  At this point, continue ANOTHER 1/2 circle in the counter-clockwise direction.  This will rotate their elbow upwards, rendering them like a little girl.  Make sure you continue to hold their hand on your shoulder.  The opponents elbow should be horizontal with your eyesight.

[b]Continue to apply pressure (without over doing it), until they cry/apologize.[/b] Too much pressure will dislocate their elbow.

[b]Follow Up Moves:[/b]  While having them in the prone position, your options are great for another take-down move.  

I personally like to 'STEP' into their knee with my right leg.

Again, once the opponents elbow is at least horizontal, lift your right leg into the air, following the shin of your left foot.

Bring heel of right foot to right above your own knee.  Twist body to the left in a 1/2 turn, putting your foot 'THROUGH' the opponents RIGHT knee.  

While in this position before the strike, you have the choice of hitting the side of their knee (Max Damage) or behind their knee.

Good luck, and be careful.  Practice move before ever trying on opponent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Takes to much energy. I rather shoot them [;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Reach backward with your left hand over your shoulder to their elbow?  What about something for those of us with muscles?  

Personally, I would use a controlled hip wheel throw putting them onto their back, especially if you don't know what's in their OTHER hand.  On the ground, on your own knees, you can permanently disable him and then recover for an attack by his friends who just saw you mangle their buddy.  Getting fancy in a situation where you have someone behind you isn't that bright.  Maybe I'm just reading this wrong, so try posting a pic or two!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I need to post some picks.  It really isn't hard, and takes about 2 seconds to do it all.  ]

I have done many hip throws before, and that takes longer to execute.

I have some thick arms too, but it doesn't get in the way.  I wish I had a digital camera. ;(

Just have your buddy grab your shoulder, and do it.  Quite fun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Should this work if they use their other hand?

My version:
1. Turn around while launching a palm heel toward the face
2. Close distance and finish with elbows
3. Check for other threats
4. Call lawyer, cops, etc.

I suppose OC would be legally smarter instead of strikes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the grab from behind works both ways.  IMHO it is actually easier when they grab your right shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My best move in this scenario [and the shoulder grabbed does not matter]is to use as primary, the right hand for left shoulder grab and left hand for right shoulder grab, move slightly higher up to their wrist and after applying an extreme grip, in one circular motion lift their hand up and over my head and duck slightly while spinning my entire body around at a high rate of speed and jerking the opponent back towards me.

The opponent winds up with their arm flayed out to the side at an x-treme angle and with you behind them.

At this point you are free to do a variety of nasty things to them if you so desire.  Additionally, you can hold them indefinitely as it requires very little pressure to make em' squeal like a pig.

Different moves may work better for different people but I am rather stocky and athletic plus I have a grip like a vise so with this move I can effectively jerk your arm out of socket.

Done it too before.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Red-Rx7..That will work very well but may I add. If you know they have no weapon, also grab their thumb with the other hand and dislocate it. Believe me you will not have to hold on after that for the amount of pain they will feel.
At that point both hands will be free to apply a palm strike to their chest or what ever works for you. I would also think of hitting a kneecap. They are F&cked cant hit or stand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually when I grab from behind I prefer to fondle her breasts with the right hand and pull the hair with the left....Oh wait we are talking about something else.

Sorry that was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the title of this topic.[;)]
View Quote

HAHAHAHA. Me too[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I gotta admit...that's why I looked also!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I think I saw a pic of that Ed Avila guy. I don't think I would go grabbing his shoulder ;)

Maybe a gentle tap "Mr. Avila, your car is washed and waxed, here are your keys."  LoL
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#15]
that's fine for a "grab from behind" but what about a "reach around"?

[;)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I recently was in Key West and after seeing the guys down there ATTACKED from behind had a whole new meaning. Must be the Fag capital of the world.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[b]JAFO....[/b]you [s]old[/s] NEW [:K]....[:D]
View Quote

Hey, I have to come out from under my bridge every once in a while [;)]

Sorry I don't really have input on this subject. I think if I were in the situation where someone grabbed my shoulder, I would just instinctively twist around whichever direction the grabbed shoulder was, and use my close arm to break the contact. After that, I think adrenaline would be calling the shots ;)

err... and I don't mean gun "shots" [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top