Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:57:45 PM EDT
and on long rides it causes my eyes to become VERY irritated.
i have seen those banana type things that are supposed to wick sweat away, will this alleviate my problem?
i dont mind if it falls off my brow like a waterfall, but when it rolls down my face into my eyes it gets a bit annoying after 5 hours on the bike...
anyone with a cure for this, i would really appreciate hearing what you do to resolve this issue.
thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
and on long rides it causes my eyes to become VERY irritated.
i have seen those banana type things that are supposed to wick sweat away, will this alleviate my problem?
i dont mind if it falls off my brow like a waterfall, but when it rolls down my face into my eyes it gets a bit annoying after 5 hours on the bike...
anyone with a cure for this, i would really appreciate hearing what you do to resolve this issue.
thanks

Sweat rag.

I never spent 5 hours in a TT tuck but plenty of 4-5 hour training rides (used to race, mostly TT's).  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweatband.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Slap a panty liner on your brow and cover it up with a sweatband or a hat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
bandana
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I just rinse my face with water when I can and deal with the burning.  I haven't found a satisfactory solution.  Do-rags, sweatbands, etc will eventually become saturated during an IM training ride so you may delay the problem for a while, but it's going to get you eventually.

Are you regularly rinsing your helmet pads/straps with fresh water?  When they get saturated with sweat and then dry, the salt remains behind.  Then the next time you sweat, the perspiration will pick up that salt and deliver concentrated doses to your eyes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top