Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:03 AM EDT
I enrolled in a MMA/ Boxing class. We were doing some sparring the other night, and I hit a wall (it was padded)pretty hard with my head and shoulder plus my weight and the dude I was sparring with. I got up feeling a little dazed, then my neck started feeling really sore.

I had my wife massage it last night, she said she could feel a "knot" down on the lower part of my trap. When she pushed on the "knot" it kind of hurt, but made it feel a little better at the same time, if that makes sense.

What the hell did I do to it? Anyone else have an injury like this? I have played a lot of football and never had anything like this before.

It's sore as hell today. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a Naproxen or some other NSAID. Maybe see a massage therapist. Give it plenty of rest and possibly try a cold shower or bath.

Probably just a contusion, or a strain. I'd give it a week and then reassess the situation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Please be careful with head impacts that leave you 'dazed'. Is your head fully clear now?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, my head is good (I have a pretty thick skull) . I think it's in the muscle because it's getting a little better. Deadlifts help it out huh? I must confess, I haven't been doing deadlifts at all, but have been doing power cleans. I should work some deadlifts in too I suppose.
Top Top