Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/1/2013 4:23:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Avila, I wish you the best in your new state.  God bless ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, but do you have the gun used in HEAT?

And best wishes to y'all. I wish you were coming a little closer to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=49936

ARFCOM is moving, and this is your chance to snag items from the Avila's personal collections.

Wow, best wishes on the move. Too bad about the circumstances which pushed you to make the decision.  

What happens to the ARFcom building that was just built?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate that the move had to be made under these certain circumstances , but welcome to Texas
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Will there be any props from the sets of gladiator movies?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It's sad indeed that you guys are moving from our section of the country. Completely understandable, it's just a shame that it came to this.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you take donations?

ETA:  donations earmarked for the move that is

and what happens to the buy-a-bricks
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I must have missed the LIFETIME memberships that you are auctioning...

Wink wink...

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on the move!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]
You know you can bring all that stuff down here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Congrats on the move!

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's sad indeed that you guys are moving from our section of the country. Completely understandable, it's just a shame that it came to this.

Yea. I was looking forward to going to the store locally. What will become of it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Any idea of where in Texas ya'll be moving to? It is a big state. Somewhere near Dallas would be ideal.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Be a lot closer to come see you guys when you get here.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea. I was looking forward to going to the store locally. What will become of it?

Store will be up for sale...

Are you going to build a new store in TX? What about the hardscaping and stuff that has the BFL and the logos on the store?

Such a shame...

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Wish I could afford to bid on some of those very nice firearms. especially the sig pistols. but since I am the only one working at the moment and can't even finish even one of my 2 stripped lowers I will have to pass on all of it. Good luck with the auction Ed. I hope the trip to Tx goes well for you and your family.

Ya know WI isn't all that different from NY weather wise, probably actiually a lot nicer since we don't get hammered with those monster storms like they do on the east coast. and plenty of fishing and hunting here too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn now there will be lots of bids

Good move guys
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Ed,I know this might be a stretch but how about this for a thought....

If the people that donated for the pavers would like to see them at the TX location maybe they can pay to ship it?  maybe another arfcom member will hold on to them untill that person is willing to ship them?

Just a thought....

Hate to lose all those pavers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I know how you feel, I sold off most of my firearms when I moved last year. Good luck in Texas.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to The Motherland, Gentlemen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Where in Texas, will there be a storefront or just private/business office?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Any idea of where in Texas ya'll be moving to? It is a big state. Somewhere near Dallas would be ideal.

Dallas Area- probably spread anywhere from Rockwall to Canton.

Why that far east if I may ask?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Im still lookin for that job with arfcom in texas...ED
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I for one think it's a cool move.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you going to build a new store in TX? What about the hardscaping and stuff that has the BFL and the logos on the store?
Such a shame...

Hopefully eventually... the idea of ARFCOM and LaRue perhaps someday doing something together is not just a good idea for a movie...
But really one step at a time for us, and right now that's focused on getting us down there and out of NY.

As for the store, BFL, etc we will take the BFL down, the Soldier's Cross Monument will come with us, and the pavers I guess is up to the next owner.

You mean the pavers that we paid for but I certainly never got a picture of? Not being sarcastic just making sure I'm thinking the same thing.

BTW where in TX is the move going to be? I love this great state.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Am I welcome anytime?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#33]
NY's loss is TX's gain. Wish you would have chose OK but glad to have you 3 hours instead of 3 days driving away. Welcome in advance to the great (gun friendly) southwest!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Well it will be great when y'all get down here!

Do you have a Realtor or do you need an recommendation for one?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Complete bullshit that you folks have to lose so much to such stupidity but Welcome to Texas and good fortune!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats and god bless you all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Now that's a zombie pocalypse movie if I ever heard of one.

In the middle of the move, LaRue and ARF moving into their new building, someone finds one of them apples and takes a bite...

People have to fight their way INTO the zombies,,, cuz that's where all the guns are.

Good luck Avilas, sad you have to move, but excited I would be able to hit shop at your new store if you open one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#38]
welcome to TX

ck w/ the guys @ Ident if you are in the rockwall area.

look forward to getting a chance to meet yall
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno- that's where TheRedGoat told us to go.

Seriously, we looked from North of Dallas to San Antonio... Liked the Dallas area most, east side, and checked out properties in Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Heath and similar areas, but in order to get more land and be further from neighbors, we kept heading east. Some thought Rockwall was rural enough, yet close to everything, while others preferred to head further from civilization.

I have enjoyed the site for a while now and never really had a reason to post until now.  While I am sorry you guys have to move, I am very very happy you will be locating to my back yard in TX.  I lived in Syracuse for 6 years and while I enjoyed it, DFW/Texas was where my heart was.

I'm curious how much land you guys were looking for and how close to main highways you wanted to be?  McKinney has some great possibilities and Rockwall does too, but too much constrction and congestion for my taste.   Rockwall - Lavon - Nevada(Nevayda)  Has got some great possibilities.

Good luck with everything!!

~
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Did you look at the Alliance area in North Fort Worth. Lots of growth there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Shoot Smart across the highway and Quail Creek (I'm sorry for mentioning it) to the north a ways.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Good luck with auction and the move Mr. Avila.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#43]

WOW!!! That's quite an arsenal you guys have there.

Good thing that King Andy was able to stop you!

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno- that's where TheRedGoat told us to go.

Seriously, we looked from North of Dallas to San Antonio... Liked the Dallas area most, east side, and checked out properties in Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Heath and similar areas, but in order to get more land and be further from neighbors, we kept heading east. Some thought Rockwall was rural enough, yet close to everything, while others preferred to head further from civilization.

There's quite a bit of area out this way. My family lives in Forney, which is smack dab inbetween Rockwall, Mesquite and Terrell. Texas Defensive Shooting Academy out in Ferris (Seagoville) is a great range that allows moving and shooting 3gun, tannerite, ect. and has a 300 yard range. There's also another range being built that just broke ground that will have very similar facilities.

Forney is fairly rural, but is seeing a lot of growth, really, all of Kaufman county is seeing growth. I've lived here for about 12 years. When we got here, Forney was barely a blip on the map, and is now nearing 50k people. Y'all wont regret the move. If you need some AO info or help getting settled in, I myself along with quite a few of us out here in East Texas (many of whIch are members here) would certainly not mind showing some Texas hospitality and lending a hand.

On another note, check out Caddo Mills and some of the areas around there. You'll settle in just fine, and welcome to Texas.

EDIT: Also, just as a frame of reference, Forney is 20 minutes from downtown Dallas, despite being rural, and straddles I-20 and I-80 (which turns into I-30, which is the main, central hub in DFW as far as highway is concerned).
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot Smart across the highway and Quail Creek (I'm sorry for mentioning it) to the north a ways.

This would make me very happy!    

Welcome to Texas, sorry about the reason for the move.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dallas Area- probably spread anywhere from Rockwall to Canton.

My grandma lives in Rockwall... and Canton is a fine area in the Piney Woods of East Texas...

Good luck Sir.. I am quite certain you will like your new home in a truly free state!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Will donations through the site store go towards moving costs? I'd be down for $20 or so this Friday if it'll help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Great that you are moving to Texas!  I love being a team member and I have learned a lot about shooting and firearms from our website.

I look forward to seeing the site get even better after the move.

Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Good luck

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Tough call to make but you are doing the right thing.

Deny New York (and all the SOB's like them) your revenue.

We may all wind up in Texas!

Good luck!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top