Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 10:28:25 PM EDT
SGAmmo is out and just about every place I can think of is out of .30-06 for a Garand.  Well there are places for $28 A box for FMJ but no thanks on that price
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to be cute or Mr. Obvious or anything but helpful......

I find the WikiArms app to be very helpful for ammo. If you haven’t test drove it you may find it helpful.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you looking for exactly? 150gr FMJ what are you using to search with?

Edit: Try using ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually hit surplusammo but they're out of everything but en blocs loaded with 8 rounds for $7.49 ea.

Here's the cheapest I can find currently: $0.70 per round
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine comes from my reloading bench! Anyone who wants to feed a garand affordable long term needs to be a reloader period. An m2ball equivalent load can be assembled for about 30 cents a round.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Hit Walmart and grab some 150gr Remington corelokts if you need some blasting/ hunting ammo
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually hit surplusammo but they're out of everything but en blocs loaded with 8 rounds for $7.49 ea.

Here's the cheapest I can find currently: $0.70 per round
View Quote
Thanks I'll be buying some.  Gotta save the brass for when I buy a house and start reloading
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine comes from my reloading bench! Anyone who wants to feed a garand affordable long term needs to be a reloader period. An m2ball equivalent load can be assembled for about 30 cents a round.
View Quote
Agreed. I need to do this but it's not in the cards currently.

What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: midwayusa reloading kit but I'm more of a buy once, cry once kind of guy. I'd rather spend a little more to get something that will work for the long term.

It's no different than when I started fly fishing many years ago. I bought a middle of the road 5wt that was supposed to be the "one rod to last forever" but now I have 12 rods that do things much better than the one.

I'd prefer not too to buy a cheaper single stage only to determine that I should have saved up and bought a more expensive progressive press.

ETA: the original quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: midwayusa reloading kit but I'm more of a buy once, cry once kind of guy. I'd rather spend a little more to get something that will work for the long term.

It's no different than when I started fly fishing many years ago. I bought a middle of the road 5wt that was supposed to be the "one rod to last forever" but now I have 12 rods that do things much better than the one.

I'd prefer not too to buy a cheaper single stage only to determine that I should have saved up and bought a more expensive progressive press.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lee Turret press. Relatively inexpensive and, ah, progressive. You can thank me later.

Gets you into learning the art of reloading a bit faster than doing it all on a single stage press, like an RCBS Rock Chucker, ... although truthfully that's the s.s. press I started out on back when I was handloading for only one cartridge.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: [url=https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/937051/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-master-single-stage-press-kit?
View Quote
You will never, ever regret having the gear in that kit.

The above comes from another "buy once, cry once" guy who learned on and runs a Dillon progressive.  Even if you go progressive later on, that press will always serve a purpose on your bench.  I have a turret press mounted next to my progressive.

I reload 30-06 for under $0.50 per round.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Target Sports has the best prices I've found on M1 Garand spec. ammo.
targetsportsusa.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The above comes from another "buy once, cry once" guy who learned on and runs a Dillon progressive.  Even if you go progressive later on, that press will always serve a purpose on your bench.  I have a turret press mounted next to my progressive.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would a basic set up cost to start reloading? I see kits for sale: [url=https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/937051/rcbs-rock-chucker-supreme-master-single-stage-press-kit?

Yep, well said. Even if you 'graduate' to a progressive or turret later, there's no downside to a Rock Chucker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SGAmmo is out and just about every place I can think of is out of .30-06 for a Garand.  Well there are places for $28 A box for FMJ but no thanks on that price
View Quote
Not cheap ($16.50/bx), ...  but they're showing it's available:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1777318110/sellier-and-bellot-ammunition-30-06-springfield-m1-garand-150-grain-full-metal-jacket

Consider it just more incentive to start reloading.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The 35 cents difference between $0.85/rd and my $0.50/rd may not sound like much but after just 1,000 rounds,...

it adds up to $350!
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Getting into reloading ( simple easy to use single stage press is very effective-no need to go progressive off the bat and actually advise against it personally) is pretty cheap. I bought all my stuff as used gear at gun shows and used and probably have under $100 into my press powder measure and scale and the ancillaries.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Delete....
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I use AmmoSeek application for my Samsung phone.  It searches out the best current prices.  I think they have a website too but I use my phone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go.... M2 Ball 30-06 Springfield 150gr.... At the time of this post there were (10) 400rd Cases left at $259.80 + $16 Shipping each!

Also here....S&B M2 Ball 30-06 Springfield 150gr.... They showing over (99) 400rd Cases in stock for $279.80 Shipped! Or you can purchase it by the box for $13.99 each plus shipping.
Top Top