Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2022 9:26:50 PM EDT
Sorry if this has been brought up. Late to the show. Got a chance to handle one yesterday and really like it. However, question I had was about the optics cut. Is there two different cuts for the standard PDP? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it's just a single cut and that's why you have to mother-may-i the right adapter plate from Walther.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a version 1 and version 2 milled slide style. They have pictures somewhere on the site. I am guessing anything fairly newly manufacture would be the version 2.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a version 1 and version 2 milled slide style. They have pictures somewhere on the site. I am guessing anything fairly newly manufacture would be the version 2.
View Quote

Correct.  Version 2 is the latest version, which added lugs to the plate/cut. One the optic plate order page on their site, it tells you the serial numbers for the version 2 plates.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correct.  Version 2 is the latest version, which added lugs to the plate/cut. One the optic plate order page on their site, it tells you the serial numbers for the version 2 plates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assume Version 2 would be more secure?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Assume Version 2 would be more secure?
View Quote

Version 2.0 cut offers 1000% more side to side support while also improving front to back rigidity to reduce stress imparted on the optic plate screws. That being said I haven't seen any reports of the 1.0 guns actually shearing their screws.

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4 inch compact grey cericoat slide finish , with the type 1 cut. It is solid and i have no doubt it will continue to be. I have about 500 rounds through it and have used the RDS to rack the slide and it hasn't moved or changed POI   . Got it for $519.99+ tax  from Sportsman's outdoors super store ,free freight .
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Took it out to the desert yesterday ,and fed another 200 rounds of IMI 124 grain full power FMJ through it , no problem with the type 1 RDS plate coming loose or changing POI. Have the Leatherwood Hi Lux TD3-C mounted on it and have been using the RDS to rack the slide 100% of the time . Still solid as a rock with 700 rounds on it .
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put another 300 rounds through it this morning ,and the mount and optic is still rock solid and the POI is still 100% spot on . And either its my imagination ,or the trigger is getting smoother and lighter also.
Top Top