Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2018 7:27:54 PM EDT
I picked up a 5 pack of the Lancer Translucent smoke Mag's over black Friday and just got around to testing them today, To my surprise I loaded one up and hit the bolt release to experience a failure to feed, I have 20k+ rounds through this ar and this is the first malfunction Iv ran into.

All 5 of the mags where downgraded to 28rds and still getting a FTF on the first round, my usgi and pmags on the other hand work flawlessly.

Has anyone else had problems with these mag's?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to make sure the date code isn't 3/15. They had a bad batch of followers then.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check to make sure the date code isn't 3/15. They had a bad batch of followers then.
View Quote
It isn't the follower. I actually just went to their website and they stated in the FAQ that's it's a known issue. They don't list a way too fix it tho..
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Odd. My current production Lancers work flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It isn't the follower. I actually just went to their website and they stated in the FAQ that's it's a known issue. They don't list a way too fix it tho.. https://i.gyazo.com/00f95766caf7abfeeb67ef431fa5577d.png
View Quote
Having tried that (full travel bolt release) I would just call them. Lancers seem to generally have a good reputation, so talk to a human and find out what's up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having tried that (full travel bolt release) I would just call them. Lancers seem to generally have a good reputation, so talk to a human and find out what's up.
View Quote
Yeah I think I'll do that, or shoot them an email. They're really nice mags so hopefully there is an easy fix.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe the combo of a new mag (spring, feed lips, etc) and a rifle with 20K rounds through it (how old is the buffer spring)?  Maybe you can down load by one round for a bit, allow the new mags to loosen up?  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe the combo of a new mag (spring, feed lips, etc) and a rifle with 20K rounds through it (how old is the buffer spring)?  Maybe you can down load by one round for a bit, allow the new mags to loosen up?  Just a thought...
View Quote
buffer spring only has about 5k through it. As for the down load the mag's by one round, read the original post brother, I ran all of the mags with 28rds and was still experiencing FTF on the first round.

I emailed them this morning, will update the thread whenever they get back to me.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top