Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2019 11:09:31 AM EDT
So I just got my 930 JMPro back from Hawkeye Ordnance for port/lifter work.  After a few rounds of practice I am able to load 8 rounds shoulder-to-shoulder in 6.6 sec (best time so far) using a twins load , with a Taccom 10-up on my belt.

I know this is subjective, but what is a decent time to shoot for using a twins load?  Obviously I will keep working to get faster, but like to have a goal to meet.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds about right, "fast" guys can do quads in about half that so it makes sense deuces would be about double.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
So when I was learning a few years ago ( i think 2015) I found this video tutorial on Youtube and it really helped me learn to get faster. Give it a go, hopefully it helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvJw5D8nyc
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

huntingoutdoors564, thanks for the video.  I have seen that one.  I should have mentioned I am doing the over-the-shoulder strong-hand twins loading.  I think you give up a little on having the shells closer to the gun on the weak-hand loading, but I think the strong-hand load is faster back on target.

Either way I will always have room for improvement!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say you are doing well. I practiced for a couple weeks doing different techniques. I found strong hand twins over the shoulder being the most reliable method for me. I could do quads, but I often dropped one of short stroked one on the insertion. A screw up like that really screws up my flow and at the time I didn't have enough shell holders to be dropping one here and there. it also seemed easier to load while moving doing it that way.

I think my times were between 7 and 8 seconds. Got busy last year so only did 2-gun and didn't have time for 3 gun. now I'm deployed. so I plan on getting back into it when I get back cuz the range in my town holds monthly pistol and multigun matches, so I'm running out of excuses.
Top Top