Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 5:54:47 PM EDT
I upgraded my WSJT-X software from v1.8.0 - rc1 to - rc3 and lost the frequency selections in the drop down menu.  They're just blank, no selections at all in the drop down menus.

It does the same thing with v1.8.0 - rc2.  I completely uninstalled the old version, rebooted, and installed the new version.  Win10 OS.

Reverting back to v1.8.0 - rc1 fixes the problem.  

Am I missing something obvious?

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I was about to make this post last night, but decided that I shouldn't because I must be doing something wrong.  Guess there are at least 2 of us out there 

Same deal, tried to upgrade RC1 to RC3 and I have the same issue.  Downloaded again tonight and no luck.

Anyone want to share an install file for a correctly working RC3?

Edit (after I read your whole post ): Win 7 here, same issue.  How do you revert back?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for confirming, Popov.  

I went to Windows control panel to uninstall the bad program and then reinstalled the previous working version from my software download folder.

Previous versions can be DL'd here:    LINK
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It happened to me when I went to rc2 version. I had to go to file, settings & frequencies, then add my working frequencies back. I also add my antenna info. It still not like before, but works for now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, HogSniper.  I was being lazy and looking for an EASY Button.  I'll try that.  

ETA:  That worked!  

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, HogSniper.  I was being lazy and looking for an EASY Button.  I'll try that.  
View Quote
I think I selected reset & loaded back defaults. I then just selected the bands & modes I use & removed the rest. Those picks are only ones in my pull down list now. I'm not sure what all that region info is about.

ETA: LOL you fixed it quicker than I can make a post.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
From the release notes:

"Depending on what code revision you upgrade from, it may be necessary
to do a one-time reset of the default list of suggested operating
frequencies.  Go to *File->Settings->Frequencies*, right click on
the table and select *Reset*."
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
No need to uninstall... To get the default frequencies back, just go to Settings > Frequencies.  Right click and "Reset".

ETA:  That'll teach me to walk away while posting.  ^^ Kvanderploeg for the win.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, yeah, if you want to read the instructions...    <---  BD

Thanks, guys!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, yeah, if you want to read the instructions...    <---  BD

Thanks, guys!  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the "heads up" on RC3. Same issue as when moving from RC1 to RC2, i.e. must do a "reset". Got it all up and running this morning.

Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I almost read a manual once.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
BD - how did you set it up to show the country by name on your JT alert? I just see the call sign...I like your display way better!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
On JTAlert-X Title Bar select View -->Show DXCC Names.  The dog says hey.    
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On JTAlert-X Title Bar select View -->Show DXCC Names.  The dog says hey.    
View Quote
Just tooled around in the setting and found that...awesome!
When I was running primarily JT65 and JT9 and had 40 seconds to kill between operations in the QSO, so I looked people up on QRZ. With FT8 I have precious few seconds to make stuff happen and this will definitely improve my 'cherry picking' when DX hunting 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to help, Macro!  Sorry for the "dog" reference...  was intended for "Mndless".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top