Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2021 9:58:15 PM EDT
I was loud about getting this forum going so it’s time to put it to use.

Anyone near central TX want to join me while I drag my IFS rig all over the rocks at hidden falls sept 17-18?

I intend to camp and drink some beer Friday evening, and I’d love to meet some TX arfcommers in real life.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I moved down here too.  Left that other state a month or two after you did.   I’m in Bexar Co.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I moved down here too.  Left that other state a month or two after you did.   I’m in Bexar Co.
View Quote

Awesome! I'm in Abilene. Heading down to Hidden Falls in a couple hours if you'd like to join me... LOL
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been trying to get down there for some time. I’m in Dallas. Looking at a way to get my camper and rzr XP41000 there without making 2 trips. I just found this sub forum and will be checking back most often.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
that park looks cool. ive been meaning to test the off road capabilities of my honda pilot... its awd. i should be good.

All kidding aside, it looks like it would be a blast and I really wish I could join.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a good time. Had a few people out.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody down for a Fredericksburg or Big Bend Park later this year?  

From the looks of it they are both more Overlanding than Off-Roading routes, although Big Bend looks like it has some technical routes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody down for a Fredericksburg or Big Bend Park later this year?  

From the looks of it they are both more Overlanding than Off-Roading routes, although Big Bend looks like it has some technical routes.
View Quote

What’s in Fredericksburg? I could be compelled to go.

I checked out that new OffCamber place in Llano. It’s more of a guided period of instruction versus a true off-road park.

It was fun, but it’s more for beginners for now. This obstacle on the other hand was not for beginners.…

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
There is an Overlanding trail near Fredericksburg.  I've not been there, but from what I'm reading its mostly dirt roads/ranch farm access roads with a few water crossings.  Nothing more technical than fording a stream.

Not up there with your skills, but maybe a good way to get people out and do an easy trial run of their gear, procedures, radios... cooing equipment, coolers of beer etc.

I'll PM you the deets.
Top Top