Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 3:10:23 PM EDT
Recently purchased a rmr for my MOS pistol and I would like to get more reps in with the rmr during dry fire training. Currently I alternate between my sirt pistol and my mos gun during practice at home.

option 1: get a dry fire mag for the mos pistol
option 2: get knock off rmr and dovetail for sirt pistol

whats everyone think?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you should dry fire the actual gun, always.  In your case, the MOS with RMR.

Put a piece of paper or rubber band or o-ring (or anything really) in the ejection port to hold the slide slightly out of battery.  This gives you a "live" trigger with which to simulate a trigger press as much as you want.  No resetting required.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Recently purchased a rmr for my MOS pistol and I would like to get more reps in with the rmr during dry fire training. Currently I alternate between my sirt pistol and my mos gun during practice at home.

option 1: get a dry fire mag for the mos pistol
option 2: get knock off rmr and dovetail for sirt pistol

whats everyone think?
View Quote

I'm thinking of get one of those dry fire mag, have you personally tried one if so how did it work?
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a dry fire mag and absolutely love it. Hands down one of the best training tools I’ve found to date. Good for any standard Glock and it’s fully adjustable.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
bladetech sells a training barrel, yellow plastic, you can use.
got one for my FNX 45 TAC, when i was in your spot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
bladetech sells a training barrel, yellow plastic, you can use.
got one for my FNX 45 TAC, when i was in your spot.
View Quote
@ mrrick Do those bladetech training barrels allow the user to dry fire without cycling the the slide.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
For 20 bucks you can get a SIRT Spotight that duplicates RMR training.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top