BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:

Popped like out of place or you think broken?  

Drink a lot of warm gelatin. Glucousamin (sp), calcium citrate and Vit D. Collagen and gelatin capsules are available also.

You probably just pulled the muscles between the ribs. I've done this a couple times over the years.
View Quote

This. Half the guy I roll with have. I mostly stick to fucking up shoulders and knees. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
took a week until I could sleep on my side without pain. Any twisting/core movement is painful, sneezing hurts like hell.

Maybe it's a muscle strain, no idea. Im back to walking and running until it gets back to normal

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Smurf10161:
took a week until I could sleep on my side without pain. Any twisting/core movement is painful, sneezing hurts like hell.

Maybe it's a muscle strain, no idea. Im back to walking and running until it gets back to normal

View Quote

Yeah man take it easy with that thing. I broke three ribs due to a dirt bike incident once. It took over a year for me to feel normal again. I legit would rather break my damn leg.

Hopefully you just popped the cartilage muscle wtfever is between the ribs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Tournament this morning.
Kids roll early, old guys early afternoon....
As usual, as a 52 y/o Blue belt I got moved around.
Only dropped two age groups this time and only pushed up to Ultra Heavy for one!
Good times.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
First time posting in this sub-forum, howdy! I am in the central/eastern part of Wisconsin, north of Milwaukee. Pedro Sauer will be coming to Milwaukee on June 12th for a seminar! Throwing it out there because it'd be cool if other Arfcomers could attend. My apologies if this violates forum rules or anything, please delete if it does. I am not affiliated with the school that's hosting, and I don't even train under Sauer, I just really like his material. I think it's around $140 after taxes and fees and all that jazz:

Link to Eventbrite
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#6]
More and more people are showing up to class whom haven't trained since the pandemic started. Since I've been training most of the time, it's fascinating to see how much I've improved versus remembering how rolls went with these guys last year.

Although perhaps it's just because their fitness levels have suffered and not that I'm getting better than them
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never trained BJJ before in my life, I have done kung fu, some kickboxing, and MCNinja. However, I am finally going to pull the trigger on taking some BJJ classes tomorrow evening. The HPCON level of my area has been lowered availing me to the opportunity to finally check this off my list of stuff and hopefully find a new and enjoyable hobby. I am rather stoked and I am hoping it is everything I have made it out to be.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augustine] [#8]
Update.  I started 10th planet about 9 months ago.  I caught covid in the middle of it all (unrelated to bjj)  Early on i was getting crushed (literally.  i went through the rib crap you all are talking about and also had trouble sleeping because of it.  It took a couple months to get better).  Eventually I learned to frame and not get bounced.  Now i have 3 kids doing it and the 2 older ones are tearing it up.  I'm still struggling with not being 20 years old anymore, but i'm in much better shape than i was back a year ago.  Stay with it.  It takes time.  It's totally worth it.  It will suck at first.  My guess is if it doesn't suck at first you're probably not doing it right.  Also, start when you're younger.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Got some live training today from standing position, unfortunately this is rare. With crowds at the gym we usually start on knees.

Managed to pull off this Yoko Wakare I've been drilling. Whats everyone's favorite throw? Favorite sacrifice?

YOKO WAKARE Sambo's Arm Through Legs Throw
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
All color gi's except white or blue are now banned from my gym. Professor says the colors stain his mats (they've been fine for 3 years though since he opened the place)
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
All color gi's except white or blue are now banned from my gym. Professor says the colors stain his mats (they've been fine for 3 years though since he opened the place)
View Quote

That’s goofy. What color are the mats?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

That's goofy. What color are the mats?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Red and blue.

A bunch of black scuff marks and stains showed up one day this week. I'm 100% positive it's from someone's new mma pads and no-gi stuff that night.

I bet the professor is just using it as an excuse to get more students in traditional white gi's
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Red and blue.

A bunch of black scuff marks and stains showed up one day this week. I'm 100% positive it's from someone's new mma pads and no-gi stuff that night.

I bet the professor is just using it as an excuse to get more students in traditional white gi's
View All Quotes

Red and blue.

Yeah that’s kinda weird. I don’t think I can recall ever seeing a gi stain a mat.
Maybe affiliation rules he’s getting pressure to implement?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#14]
New guy showed up last night with zero stripes on his white belt, yet his gi and belt were faded and had old blood stains on em. "I went to a couple classes years ago" is what he said.

I drilled with him and the whole time he was acting like he had no idea what he was doing; he even asked me how to perform a RNC.

Professor checked him with a roll, and after class the professor tells us that it's clear the guy has been training for a while
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Yeah that's kinda weird. I don't think I can recall ever seeing a gi stain a mat.
Maybe affiliation rules he's getting pressure to implement?
View All Quotes

Red and blue.

Yeah that's kinda weird. I don't think I can recall ever seeing a gi stain a mat.
Maybe affiliation rules he's getting pressure to implement?
That's probably the case but I don't understand why he doesn't just say it. I did notice that a ton of Moura Jiu-Jitsu Clube patches showed up on his desk recently.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#16]
New guy showed up last night with zero stripes on his white belt, yet his gi and belt were faded and had old blood stains on em. "I went to a couple classes years ago" is what he said.

I drilled with him and the whole time he was acting like he had no idea what he was doing; he even asked me how to perform a RNC.

Professor checked him with a roll, and after class the professor tells us that it's clear the guy has been training for a while
View Quote
Not all gyms give out stripes. Mine doesn't.

Not saying this guy wasn't full of shit, just pointing out that an absence of stripes on his belt may not be a big deal if he trained at a gym that didn't give stripes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Content on BJJ fanatics is 40% off right now.

John Danaher's Enter the System series is really good, as is Andrew Wiltse's.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:32:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#18]
Experienced getting angry for the first time in class last night.

We had drilled a bunch of spider guard stuff and went on to live rolling while starting in spider guard. I rolled with a couple people then got to roll with this one blue belt girl. I've rolled with her before and never had a problem with her attitude or anything.

I go to start setting up for her to be in my spider guard; I'm trying to grab her sleeves but she pulls away and keeps trying to slap hands to start the roll. I try again and politely ask her to hold on so I can setup spider guard, and she then loudly says "Be polite and slap hands!"

I look around and everyone's staring at us. I smile and politely say "Yeah, no problem let me setup spider guard first." And now she responds by yelling "NO YOU NEED TO BE POLITE AND SHAKE HANDS!" I then slapped her hand and she immediately tries to pass without me even setting up, so I swept her, and just breakdanced on top of her for the whole 5 minute round. At one point we got close to the wall and she purposely started using it to try to get leverage, and when she realized it was a lost cause she yelled "Stop! You need to stop and reset because we're on the wall! Be respectful!" I was fucking angry. I take pride in being a very respectful and polite person. I reset and just went on to breakdancing on her.

Every time I've ever positionally rolled, we setup the position first then do whatever we can do respectfully start the roll like fist bumps or tapping a leg, or verbally, etc. No idea what her problem was but I'm pretty sure she also knew that we were supposed to start in spider guard.

I'm still mad today
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Drained my ear today. Have had it done before by coaches, but did it myself tonight for the first time.  Was pretty easy.

Here's what came out of the pocket:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
Drained my ear today. Have had it done before by coaches, but did it myself tonight for the first time.  Was pretty easy.

Here's what came out of the pocket:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Weird that this was the last post.

I came here to ask where you'd buy wrestling headgear, and what type you guys would recommend.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrowardMason] [#21]
Originally Posted By xmission:

Weird that this was the last post.

I came here to ask where you'd buy wrestling headgear, and what type you guys would recommend.
View Quote

@xmission

This one is the one I bought and what several of my teammates use.

Link to Venum Headgear

I just hate wearing headgear.  I wore it all through high school and during my Club and USAW years, but just can't be bothered to wear now for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ElPresidenteAnRK] [#23]
This is me posting my boot ass thoughts about where I am training. So if you have been following this thread at all I just started about a month ago training BJJ, hell I think my original post is even on this same page. I have thoroughly jumped in to this with both feet embracing the culture and everything that comes along with it. My coach is a super nice and inviting dude and most of the people I have met that come to the gym are phenomenal people too.

I am hoping that by the time it comes to a PCS move I am close to if not a blue belt. I get that the color of ones belt does not dictate certain things, but I see it as a sort of motivation and a symbol of ones hard work and dedication to the craft. If I am not promoted I don't intend on ceasing training I see it as more of a S.M.A.R.T. type of goal in roughly 2 years I am hoping to achieve a blue belt promotion. We shall see if that happens but I will admit I am loving the journey so far, when I am at the gym I feel pretty freakin great. I forget about all the Marine Corps bullshit while I am there, I forget about all the other issues I am dealing with, I show up and am enthusiastically ready to train and apply what we are learning. I am also keeping in mind to be a humble white belt and realize I am at the bottom of the totem pole and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

BJJ Ranking system the value of belts, and why "don't ask when you get your belt" is wrong

I feel like this dude does a good job of explaining how I feel about the promotion to blue belt. I strive to get A's in all of my college work, I strive to work as hard as I can in training the individuals I am in charge of, I strive super hard to raise my kids to not be shit heads, and I feel like I want to be realistic and strive as hard as I can to achieve a blue belt. Each will come in time honestly Ill be super stoked when I even achieve my first stripe on my white belt. Really just stoked that I finally started this and figured I'd talk about it.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ElPresidenteAnRK:
This is me posting my boot ass thoughts about where I am training. So if you have been following this thread at all I just started about a month ago training BJJ, hell I think my original post is even on this same page. I have thoroughly jumped in to this with both feet embracing the culture and everything that comes along with it. My coach is a super nice and inviting dude and most of the people I have met that come to the gym are phenomenal people too.

I am hoping that by the time it comes to a PCS move I am close to if not a blue belt. I get that the color of ones belt does not dictate certain things, but I see it as a sort of motivation and a symbol of ones hard work and dedication to the craft. If I am not promoted I don't intend on ceasing training I see it as more of a S.M.A.R.T. type of goal in roughly 2 years I am hoping to achieve a blue belt promotion. We shall see if that happens but I will admit I am loving the journey so far, when I am at the gym I feel pretty freakin great. I forget about all the Marine Corps bullshit while I am there, I forget about all the other issues I am dealing with, I show up and am enthusiastically ready to train and apply what we are learning. I am also keeping in mind to be a humble white belt and realize I am at the bottom of the totem pole and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_AvpYkbPNE

I feel like this dude does a good job of explaining how I feel about the promotion to blue belt. I strive to get A's in all of my college work, I strive to work as hard as I can in training the individuals I am in charge of, I strive super hard to raise my kids to not be shit heads, and I feel like I want to be realistic and strive as hard as I can to achieve a blue belt. Each will come in time honestly Ill be super stoked when I even achieve my first stripe on my white belt. Really just stoked that I finally started this and figured I'd talk about it.

View Quote

I'm at my 5th week in NH.

I'm training in the Manch area.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#25]
One stripe Blue Belt here.
About the time I got my belt, it started to dawn on me that I don't even know what I don't know.
Transitioning from almost total defense to the expectation of knowing something was a bit of an adjustment.
I do tournaments. I could have stayed White and not cared.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#26]
What % of energy are you guys usually using when friendly rolling?

This morning I was invited to a coworker's gym and they all rolled 25-50% energy maximum. No one appeared exhausted at any time. Maybe it was just the type of class they were having today, and I totally understand the need for that sometimes, but I got the impression that's how they usually roll.

At my place, we go like +75% and are bound to exhaust ourselves by the end of the day.

It seemed foreign to me. I'm ready to go train again later today at my place.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:
One stripe Blue Belt here.
About the time I got my belt, it started to dawn on me that I don't even know what I don't know.
Transitioning from almost total defense to the expectation of knowing something was a bit of an adjustment.
I do tournaments. I could have stayed White and not cared.
View Quote
I feel like every class I learn how little I know about grappling. I was rolling with my coach and afterward he said I had pretty decent frames but I was very flat. My reply was for half of the time I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I could reach for an arm or a leg and I have a tenuous grasp at best of what to do. I am realizing however, that MCMAP stole 95% of its techniques from BJJ  or at least it seems that way but YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ElPresidenteAnRK:
I feel like every class I learn how little I know about grappling. I was rolling with my coach and afterward he said I had pretty decent frames but I was very flat. My reply was for half of the time I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I could reach for an arm or a leg and I have a tenuous grasp at best of what to do. I am realizing however, that MCMAP stole 95% of its techniques from BJJ  or at least it seems that way but YMMV.
View Quote

MCMAP and Army combatives are basically Gracie white belt curriculum.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]
3 months shy of 2 years training; got a 3rd stripe finally.

gotta get as much training in before the new baby comes in a month.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Awarded my blue belt last week.  Trained for 2 years, then a one year break for Covid, been back 2 months.  The instructor is now full time at the school, so he now has 6am classes M/W/F, which fit into my schedule much better than evening classes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

MCMAP and Army combatives are basically Gracie white belt curriculum.
View Quote
Bro I looked it up... Life = Ruined.
3 months shy of 2 years training; got a 3rd stripe finally.

gotta get as much training in before the new baby comes in a month.
View Quote
I am in the same boat, no stripes yet but my second kid is due on the 22nd..
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:
Awarded my blue belt last week.  Trained for 2 years, then a one year break for Covid, been back 2 months.  The instructor is now full time at the school, so he now has 6am classes M/W/F, which fit into my schedule much better than evening classes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57471/IMG_7427_JPG-1980237.JPG
View Quote

Congrats buddy
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#33]
So I am finally getting around to get into a trial class at the local Charles Gracie school.  Anything I should do to prepare besides general good hygiene before rolling in there?  Any recommendations for schools in the tri valley area of the SF Bay Area?  I’m willing to travel a bit, but time is super short between my job and family life.  The Charles Gracie affiliated school is less than a mile from my house and I could easily walk there so it’s hard to pass that up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Tournament in Baton Rouge this weekend.
Hopefully I'll get some gold.
Being successful as a newer Blue Belt is much harder than smashing other idiots as a Whit Belt!
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By blownfour:
So I am finally getting around to get into a trial class at the local Charles Gracie school.  Anything I should do to prepare besides general good hygiene before rolling in there?  Any recommendations for schools in the tri valley area of the SF Bay Area?  I’m willing to travel a bit, but time is super short between my job and family life.  The Charles Gracie affiliated school is less than a mile from my house and I could easily walk there so it’s hard to pass that up.
View Quote

Don’t go super hard, you’re  brand new. You literally have no idea what you’re doing and that’s ok. Be respectful when the instructor is teaching class.
No shoes on the mat and no bare feet in the bathroom. Just don’t fucken do that it’s gross.
Wash your gi and belt. Don’t listen to the clowns that tell you not to wash  the belt.
Belts have no super powers nor are they immune to bacteria and other funk.

When that 120lb purple belt girl (there’s always one of them) ties you in a knot and taps you out ten times in five minutes don’t get frustrated.
Just appreciate the skill it takes to do that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Don’t go super hard, you’re  brand new. You literally have no idea what you’re doing and that’s ok. Be respectful when the instructor is teaching class.
No shoes on the mat and no bare feet in the bathroom. Just don’t fucken do that it’s gross.
Wash your gi and belt. Don’t listen to the clowns that tell you not to wash  the belt.
Belts have no super powers nor are they immune to bacteria and other funk.

When that 120lb purple belt girl (there’s always one of them) ties you in a knot and taps you out ten times in five minutes don’t get frustrated.
Just appreciate the skill it takes to do that.
View Quote

I’ll keep that in mind, my biggest thing is that considering that I have no clue what I am doing how do I know when I am going to hard and spazzing out haha. It sounds like the place keeps absolutely new people like myself for the trial class working with only an instructor or one of the higher belts and they asked to have it scheduled in advance so they can make sure they have enough staff there that night for me.  So hopefully I don’t get smashed too badly. I’m feeling a bit nervous at the moment, and I’m sure that’s normal I just have zero idea of what to expect and I don’t really like that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]

I’ll keep that in mind, my biggest thing is that considering that I have no clue what I am doing how do I know when I am going to hard and spazzing out haha. It sounds like the place keeps absolutely new people like myself for the trial class working with only an instructor or one of the higher belts and they asked to have it scheduled in advance so they can make sure they have enough staff there that night for me.  So hopefully I don’t get smashed too badly. I’m feeling a bit nervous at the moment, and I’m sure that’s normal I just have zero idea of what to expect and I don’t really like that.
View Quote

Your first six months are going to be mechanical learning of technique and trying to comprehend what is being done to you.  Don't be afraid to ask "wtf just happened?".
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

If you’re spazzing hopefully someone will just tell you to relax. If so don’t take it personally. It’s a pretty normal reaction for new people.
It sounds like the place has a pretty good plan for new folks.
Don’t forget to breathe. It sounds silly but everyone seems to forget that very basic thing in the beginning.
Good luck, have fun, and keep us posted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]

If you’re spazzing hopefully someone will just tell you to relax. If so don’t take it personally. It’s a pretty normal reaction for new people.
Don’t forget to breathe. It sounds silly but everyone seems to forget that very basic thing in the beginning.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

Your first six months are going to be mechanical learning of technique and trying to comprehend what is being done to you.  Don't be afraid to ask "wtf just happened?".

Appreciate it,  I have zero problem asking what I did wrong and actually prefer that an instructor just gets the the point and tells me point blank what I need to fix.  Fifteen years ago my ego probably wouldn’t have let me learn this properly but having a kid and being a people manager has mellowed me out significantly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Dude fell on my chest last night. Probably just a bruised rib; a little uncomfortable but I'll stay on the safe side and maybe skip classes this week. Any recommendations on how long to stay out or just go back when it's not bothering me anymore?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Dude fell on my chest last night. Probably just a bruised rib; a little uncomfortable but I'll stay on the safe side and maybe skip classes this week. Any recommendations on how long to stay out or just go back when it's not bothering me anymore?
View Quote

Go to the next regular class. Just tell your partner's what hurts. That's what I do.
If you miss a week every time you get a little hurt, you're gonna miss a lot of weeks.
I did miss classes for weeks a couple of times but it involved patellar tendon and shoulder injury and a physician's visit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#42]
I've got my first competitions coming up in October.  Really looking forward to them.

Anyone here compete as a white belt? Any advice?  I've got lots of competition experience from wrestling, but these two tournaments in October will be my first in BJJ.

I'm hoping that my division will have competitors (Masters White Belt). If not I'll just compete in the Adult division.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#43]
If you have "lots of wrestling competition experience" you should be way ahead of most of your opponents at white belt.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PhillyandBCEagles:
If you have "lots of wrestling competition experience" you should be way ahead of most of your opponents at white belt.
View Quote

Yeah, get the takedown points and then just hold him down till the time runs out.

Heading down to FL next weekend so my 14 year old kid can compete in the Pans. He's really trained hard for it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BrowardMason:
I've got my first competitions coming up in October.  Really looking forward to them.

Anyone here compete as a white belt? Any advice?  I've got lots of competition experience from wrestling, but these two tournaments in October will be my first in BJJ.

I'm hoping that my division will have competitors (Masters White Belt). If not I'll just compete in the Adult division.
View Quote

I did 4-5 tournaments as a white belt.
I started at 48 y/o and I am either super heavy to ultra.
I didn't roll with anyone over 36 until I got my blue belt.
I was moved up and down in age and weight classes almost every time.
Most "masters" age dudes are either black belts or quit years ago.
Our in-house was last weekend. 36 y/o and up super heavy and we only had 4 guys including including the 250 pound ultra that was put in out division because he was by himself.
He had a wrestling back ground, so you know how that went.
As a 3 stripe white belt I lost to a brand new no stripe. He ended up being a college and Army wrestler.
It was IBJJF, so it was illegal for him to compete as a white belt, but whatever. It was a learning experience.
I enjoyed a lot of victories as a white belt. As a blue, not so much. Yet . As a new blue are then at the bottom of a skilled food chain.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Also, got my first legit tap on a black belt last night and a heel hook at that--I'm a shitty blue belt--not gonna be that guy who celebrates in training and my wife didn't know what the fuck I was talking about, so I'll gloat like a douchebag to you guys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PhillyandBCEagles:
Also, got my first legit tap on a black belt last night and a heel hook at that--I'm a shitty blue belt--not gonna be that guy who celebrates in training and my wife didn't know what the fuck I was talking about, so I'll gloat like a douchebag to you guys.
View Quote

I tapped a BB Tuesday night.
He went for a double and slipped on my sweat puddle.
Rear naked on a BB!  Ha.  
We both had a laugh.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blownfour] [#48]
Well intro class down, don’t know how I feel.  Those of you that have been doing this continuously, was this something you fell in love with from the beginning or was it something you felt indifferent about and began to really enjoy once you got better?  I don’t want to say I did not enjoy the class, I did.  However, it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting.  I didn’t actually roll which is probably a good thing.  It just seemed to be much slower than I thought it would be.  Maybe I built this up into something it was never going to be able to live up to. I will say even what I went through was quite the workout.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Well intro class down, don’t know how I feel.  Those of you that have been doing this continuously, was this something you fell in love with from the beginning or was it something you felt indifferent about and began to really enjoy once you got better?  I don’t want to say I did not enjoy the class, I did.  However, it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting.  I didn’t actually roll which is probably a good thing.  It just seemed to be much slower than I thought it would be.  Maybe I built this up into something it was never going to be able to live up to. I will say even what I went through was quite the workout.
View Quote

I was hooked immediately. Maybe try intro classes at a few schools if possible. Every school has its own personality so to speak.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

What do you mean by "It just seemed to be much slower than I thought it would be."?
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top