Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 36
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:42:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#1]
Over a year into BJJ training now. Still a 1-stripe white belt

Totally ok with that though considering the circumstances of the pandemic. I've probably only gone to class 10 times since January.

edit: forgot to add that my work shift changed from 8hrs to 12hrs, so I can't make the classes after work and can only go on my days off
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I've had my blue belt for a month now and haven't quit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joker581] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joker581:

Haven’t quit *yet*.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Smurf10161:
Originally Posted By joker581:

Haven’t quit *yet*.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/251976/120370487_10218587914992236_508892029419-1612010.JPG

As a purple belt myself I approve this post.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been to three classes at the 10thplanet in my area.  It has been humbling to say the least,  I’m a big strong guy and I’m getting worked.  My cardio definitely not where it needs to be, but I knew that going in, it was still an eye opener though.

I have been doing 2 hour sessions every time I have been and it’s taking everything I have to make it to the end.

The people and instructors have been great and very helpful.

So far so good !

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Thermos449:
I have been to three classes at the 10thplanet in my area.  It has been humbling to say the least,  I’m a big strong guy and I’m getting worked.  My cardio definitely not where it needs to be, but I knew that going in, it was still an eye opener though.

I have been doing 2 hour sessions every time I have been and it’s taking everything I have to make it to the end.

The people and instructors have been great and very helpful.

So far so good !

View Quote

Don’t overdo it. If you need a break take one. Hell I’m the school owner and I’m not afraid to sit some rounds out. But keep showing up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
10th planet, I've been doing this for a couple months now.   They have us roll at the end of class, I have no idea what I'm doing, and getting choked sucks.   So I watched a Jocko podcast where he said if you're the worst guy in the room you develop pretty good defense.  So in that spirit I started trying the running man thing from that Globetrotters video.  Strangely enough, it works.  I have no idea how to attack anyone, but now they have trouble choking me out at least.   It's a start I guess.

My 11yo daughter said she wanted to try it last month.  That surprised me.  Then she pretty quickly started taking it seriously.  Now she's going 5 days a week and did open mat yesterday with the adults.  I never expected any of this.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augustine] [#9]
Originally Posted By SlowpokeRodriguez:

YES!  That's it!   Thank you!  Subscribed.
View All Quotes

@SlowpokeRodriguez

Was this a globetrotters video? Save this youtube channel, I've found they are very helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWitv9AKoNU

YES!  That's it!   Thank you!  Subscribed.

Update.  This is the video I'm referencing in the previous post.  This stuff works.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:40:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Smurf10161] [#10]
10th planet, I've been doing this for a couple months now.   They have us roll at the end of class, I have no idea what I'm doing, and getting choked sucks.   So I watched a Jocko podcast where he said if you're the worst guy in the room you develop pretty good defense.  So in that spirit I started trying the running man thing from that Globetrotters video.  Strangely enough, it works.  I have no idea how to attack anyone, but now they have trouble choking me out at least.   It's a start I guess.

My 11yo daughter said she wanted to try it last month.  That surprised me.  Then she pretty quickly started taking it seriously.  Now she's going 5 days a week and did open mat yesterday with the adults.  I never expected any of this.
View Quote

@SlowPokeRodriguez I had the same experience with the running man video. Recommend you review everything from Priit Mihkelson on Turtle, sitting turtle etc to expand on your defense. He is long-winded but the advice is brilliant.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
So I went through the running man and turtle videos a few times over the past 2 weeks.

Last night while rolling with a purple belt (I'm a 1 year white belt) we rolled for a non-stop 10 minutes and I kept ending up in turtle. I didn't want to end up in turtle but I just kept going to it
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
So I went through the running man and turtle videos a few times over the past 2 weeks.

Last night while rolling with a purple belt (I'm a 1 year white belt) we rolled for a non-stop 10 minutes and I kept ending up in turtle. I didn't want to end up in turtle but I just kept going to it
View Quote

The purple belt wanted you in turtle that’s how you ended up there.

Work it against other white belts with less time than you. That’s pretty important for working on new stuff.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:49:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#13]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

The purple belt wanted you in turtle that's how you ended up there.

Work it against other white belts with less time than you. That's pretty important for working on new stuff.
View All Quotes

The purple belt wanted you in turtle that's how you ended up there.

Work it against other white belts with less time than you. That's pretty important for working on new stuff.
I'm hoping that was the case because I feel like resulting to turtle often is frowned upon.

As for the other white belt thing, there hasnt been any other white belts in the past few weeks except a young girl our classes have been a max of 8 people and always the same people. COVID19 is keeping people away I guess.

Before COVID19, classes were usually 10-15 people, now it's usually 6-8 max. Maybe I need to try a bigger gym?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augustine] [#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
10P positions and terminology are unique.. I would not expect a Gracie combatives program to emphasize them, though it might be useful.

I have purchased some instructional DVDs and access to grapplers guide website. The latter has been a good resource for instructions-usually 5-10 minute videos on positions/sweeps etc

A quick Google search on 10th planet techniques should get you good info for free. Between that and the globetrotters channel, you might be able to avoid paying any extra cash. Ask the guys in your gym to show you what they are talking about, I would be surprised if they refuse to help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:15:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HELOBRAVO] [#19]
I have a question...

I've been at this (10pjj) for a few months now.  First let me be clear that these people know what they're doing.  There were 3 black belts (1 10pjj and 2 "regular" bjj), 2 brown belts, and I think a couple purples Friday.  These people know their stuff.   But that's precisely the problem... At least 87% (no exaggeration) of the stuff covered in class is stuff I do not understand.  I understand almost none of the terms used and I'm getting destroyed at the end of class when we're isolating these advanced techniques mainly because I have little to no grasp of the basics.  "Just use Hickson control..."   I would if I knew WTF you just said.  "Just use the lockdown."   Sure thing.  Stay right there so I can go home and look it up and I'll be right back.  We'll do a couple reps of something I don't understand and a name I can't remember then move on to more advanced versions and variations.  It's comical to me at times.  They say that when beginners and advanced students work together that both learn more than they would otherwise, but I really feel like I'm not learning much if I'm just getting destroyed and have no idea why.

It's to the point where I think I've actually learned more from BJJ globetrotters videos than I have in class.  

So...   Should I independently do something like the Gracie Combatives program to try to teach myself the basics?  I feel like I'm hitting a wall and need some kind of different strategy.

ETA:  I think I'm in much better shape cardio-wise than a few months ago.  So that's good.
View Quote

I'm a fresh blue belt. I've done well at several tournaments so I have a clue.
I still don't know half the terms used in instructions.
Whatever. Each week I know more. I'm in no hurry. It's a long road.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a question...

I've been at this (10pjj) for a few months now.  First let me be clear that these people know what they're doing.  There were 3 black belts (1 10pjj and 2 "regular" bjj), 2 brown belts, and I think a couple purples Friday.  These people know their stuff.   But that's precisely the problem... At least 87% (no exaggeration) of the stuff covered in class is stuff I do not understand.  I understand almost none of the terms used and I'm getting destroyed at the end of class when we're isolating these advanced techniques mainly because I have little to no grasp of the basics.  "Just use Hickson control..."   I would if I knew WTF you just said.  "Just use the lockdown."   Sure thing.  Stay right there so I can go home and look it up and I'll be right back.  We'll do a couple reps of something I don't understand and a name I can't remember then move on to more advanced versions and variations.  It's comical to me at times.  They say that when beginners and advanced students work together that both learn more than they would otherwise, but I really feel like I'm not learning much if I'm just getting destroyed and have no idea why.

It's to the point where I think I've actually learned more from BJJ globetrotters videos than I have in class.  

So...   Should I independently do something like the Gracie Combatives program to try to teach myself the basics?  I feel like I'm hitting a wall and need some kind of different strategy.

ETA:  I think I'm in much better shape cardio-wise than a few months ago.  So that's good.
View Quote

In addition to the GB curriculum, I follow a mix of BJJ, judo, wrestling/catch wrestling, and Sambo channels on youtube. I pick out what works for me being an old ass heavyweight (with a wrestling background) and work with that.
I've had two shoulder rebuilds so I cant really do the BJJ/Judo standup that requires a lot of shoulder movement like big hip throws etc, I focus on wreslting/sambo takedowns and trips instead.

I've learned that:
1) avoid the low (success rate) percentage attacks, I'd rather focus on positional control and move towards a solid lapel choke or something (or wrist lock because fuck your feelings), the fewer moves it takes to get there the better.
2) Positional control always, whether Im in the dominant position or not, I always always focus on kepping the other guys base broken down, always have at least one hand and/or leg under your control.
3) never tolerate a lapel grip
4) watch NCAA wrestling championships to learn how to apply pressure, I'm a heavy wieght, bordering on super heavy now (225/230lbs) and I cant move as fast as the smaller guys but I can make you regret your life choices with pressure.

Examples of things that tend to surprise bjj guys:
wrestling cow catcher:

High Underhook - Front Headlock - Cow Catcher

BattleBeetle Sambo

CHAIN OF SAMBO LIFTING & DROPPING THROWS - BATTLE BEETLE TUTORIAL #18

Efficient Judo

Kosoto-gari to Tani-otoshi - Combination demo

Neil Melanson is always a favorite, good dirty grappling for us older dudes

Simple and Sneaky: Hand Gun Choke (No-Gi)

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By navvet89:

In addition to the GB curriculum, I follow a mix of BJJ, judo, wrestling/catch wrestling, and Sambo channels on youtube. I pick out what works for me being an old ass heavyweight (with a wrestling background) and work with that.
I've had two shoulder rebuilds so I cant really do the BJJ/Judo standup that requires a lot of shoulder movement like big hip throws etc, I focus on wreslting/sambo takedowns and trips instead.

I've learned that:
1) avoid the low (success rate) percentage attacks, I'd rather focus on positional control and move towards a solid lapel choke or something (or wrist lock because fuck your feelings), the fewer moves it takes to get there the better.
2) Positional control always, whether Im in the dominant position or not, I always always focus on kepping the other guys base broken down, always have at least one hand and/or leg under your control.
3) never tolerate a lapel grip
4) watch NCAA wrestling championships to learn how to apply pressure, I'm a heavy wieght, bordering on super heavy now (225/230lbs) and I cant move as fast as the smaller guys but I can make you regret your life choices with pressure.

Examples of things that tend to surprise bjj guys:
wrestling cow catcher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo8lAgDV-jk

BattleBeetle Sambo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4JVuSaRgQ

Efficient Judo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTP7fjB5O-I

Neil Melanson is always a favorite, good dirty grappling for us older dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJ3shZts30

Pressure is an art itself. And very important to us older grapplers.

I walk around at about 165-170lbs but I’m pretty good at heavy pressure.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m about 12 or 13 classes in at 10th planet and am really enjoying it.  Me and my little brother are taking the classes together and we role together a lot.  I outweigh him by about 80 pounds so I have a pretty big advantage, but he holds his own.  

I have lost about 15 pounds so that’s a definite positive.  There is a 260 pound 3 year blue belt that absolutely demolishes me, so I definitely have a ton of work to do.  

My brother and I have noticed that when he and I roll we seem to be going way harder in terms or trying to get position where the other people seem to be going about 50% of what we are going and are wayyyy more technical.

I also notice some of the other guys are a bit reluctant to role with me, I’m guessing because of my size which I can understand.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Thermos449:
I’m about 12 or 13 classes in at 10th planet and am really enjoying it.  Me and my little brother are taking the classes together and we role together a lot.  I outweigh him by about 80 pounds so I have a pretty big advantage, but he holds his own.  

I have lost about 15 pounds so that’s a definite positive.  There is a 260 pound 3 year blue belt that absolutely demolishes me, so I definitely have a ton of work to do.  

My brother and I have noticed that when he and I roll we seem to be going way harder in terms or trying to get position where the other people seem to be going about 50% of what we are going and are wayyyy more technical.

I also notice some of the other guys are a bit reluctant to role with me, I’m guessing because of my size which I can understand.
View Quote

To be honest new big guys that roll hard can be a pain in the ass. Try and roll a bit lighter and focus focus focus on being technical.

You’re new enough you aren’t gonna have a ton or technical knowledge but just focus on what you do know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#24]

To be honest new big guys that roll hard can be a pain in the ass. Try and roll a bit lighter and focus focus focus on being technical.

You’re new enough you aren’t gonna have a ton or technical knowledge but just focus on what you do know.
View Quote

I just got slammed pretty hard by a newer guy twice my size.  Seems I keep getting slammed by newer guys bigger than me.  It sucks because it usually takes me out of the game for a few days.  I'm a newer guy myself and no expert and I'm just speculating, but my guess is that if big guys go hard pretty much anything seems to sorta work, even if it's technically flawed.  Maybe that explains this tendency.  The smaller new guys like me can't get by with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I am mainly trying to get position at this point, as I have almost no submission game.  I have lucked into 1 or 2 head and arm chokes from mount, but it’s always against partners with similar experience.  

Some mentioned getting slammed! We were doing this king of the mat tournament thing which was a blast, I get matched up with this 250 pound wrestler, to be fair I was pretty gassed from the previous class and he was fresh, so I had the brilliant idea to clinch a bit standing up I held my own for about 30 seconds and then he gets a double leg and down I go the whole place kinda stopped.  

Then I get matched up with a really tall very strong guy. I am in his guard for a bit and before I know it my arm starts to hurt and then I’m tapping! He got me in some weird sort of  arm bar from out of nowhere.  Turns out he is a visiting black belt from another gym.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:03:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augustine] [#26]
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: navvet89] [#27]
Yeah.  The whole place stopped when I got slammed too.  Tonight I was just watching but right when I walked in one of the instructors walked up and asked me if I was okay (from getting slammed yesterday).

I did manage to land a guillotine and an Americana in open mat last week, so I must be learning something.  I just hope my body can hold out long enough to get past this first part.  I feel like I'm learning the basics the hard way (i.e., get slammed, then ask what I should've done differently).
View Quote

you shouldnt be getting slammed, your instructors should intervene on that kind of activity. Also, dont focus on the subs, they are good to know but focus on positional control and escapes first. The primary cause of injury for new grapplers is going to hard and being paired with other new guys that are going to hard.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my blue belt last night!

Reminds me of the quote from 40 Year Old Virgin....."you gotta run through like 30-40 of these hoodrats, and then you won't be terrible at sex....but still probably pretty bad at it"
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PhillyandBCEagles:

Reminds me of the quote from 40 Year Old Virgin....."you gotta run through like 30-40 of these hoodrats, and then you won't be terrible at sex....but still probably pretty bad at it"
View Quote

congrats
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Grats!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Congrats.

Just be aware now the purple belts are gonna stop taking it easy on you and the whit belts are gonna try to kill you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks guys!

Congrats.

Just be aware now the purple belts are gonna stop taking it easy on you and the whit belts are gonna try to kill you.
View All Quotes

Congrats.

Just got back from morning class, first time training since getting promoted....turnout was just me and 2 new black belts including our assistant instructor (both also got promoted the same night me and a couple other new blue belts did). Feel like I got hit by a truck right now but it feels good!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#33]
I have not rolled with a black belt since Covid kicked off in March until today when my professor called me out for the open mat class. That was a trip- completely shut down any defense I had.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Tomorrow marks 1 year as a 1 stripe white belt. Professor stopped giving people stripes and belt promotions back at the start of the pandemic.

Most of his senior guys stopped training back in February and haven't been back. Maybe he doesn't want them to feel left out?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Great job!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#36]

If anyone wants it, promo code works for a free instructional..no idea when this expires
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SilverSlinger:
Great job!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverSlinger:

Great job!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:05:00 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mty6zDjU_HY

If anyone wants it, promo code works for a free instructional..no idea when this expires
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm 99% sure my biggest problem right now is not being aggressive enough. Anyone have tips or maybe some exercises for ramping it up?

It sounds stupid easy to just be like, "Ok, I'll be more aggressive this roll," but when the time comes a hundred different thoughts enter my mind like safety or gassing out.

Last night for example I told myself I was going to roll hard right before a roll. I got some good grips and started smashing the guys guard but then at the slightest hint of my opponent trying to sweep sweep me, I turned it off and just went into a defensive mode. I knew it too which is the sad part, but I couldn't help it. I just couldn't seem to turn the aggressiveness back on after that.

I also noticed that this must be why my favorite rolls are with people smaller than me, because I can just play defense easily and not have any need to be aggressive. Pretty sure my coach knows this too because he'll often pair me up with smaller/weaker people for rolls.

There's gotta be some exercises or stuff that can condition me to stop being so defensive...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm 99% sure my biggest problem right now is not being aggressive enough. Anyone have tips or maybe some exercises for ramping it up?

It sounds stupid easy to just be like, "Ok, I'll be more aggressive this roll," but when the time comes a hundred different thoughts enter my mind like safety or gassing out.

Last night for example I told myself I was going to roll hard right before a roll. I got some good grips and started smashing the guys guard but then at the slightest hint of my opponent trying to sweep sweep me, I turned it off and just went into a defensive mode. I knew it too which is the sad part, but I couldn't help it. I just couldn't seem to turn the aggressiveness back on after that.

I also noticed that this must be why my favorite rolls are with people smaller than me, because I can just play defense easily and not have any need to be aggressive. Pretty sure my coach knows this too because he'll often pair me up with smaller/weaker people for rolls.

There's gotta be some exercises or stuff that can condition me to stop being so defensive...
View Quote

Find an upper belt and ask them to turn it up some. Any purple and up worth a damn should be able to crank it up a bunch t without completely destroying you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:03:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#42]

Find an upper belt and ask them to turn it up some. Any purple and up worth a damn should be able to crank it up a bunch t without completely destroying you.
View All Quotes

Will do. I've done a little searching online about the topic and it seems like that's an often suggested method.

Another is that I'm too comfortable with losing. Supposedly many people will go light because of a subconscious fear of losing while really trying. They'll say to themselves after every submission or sweep that it's ok because they weren't really trying.

Another popular opinion is that the non-agressive person simply sucks and is looking for an excuse besides more practice

I've been rolling for a little over 1 year and 4 months now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Will do. I've done a little searching online about the topic and it seems like that's an often suggested method.

Another is that I'm too comfortable with losing. Supposedly many people will go light because of a subconscious fear of losing while really trying. They'll say to themselves after every submission or sweep that it's ok because they weren't really trying.

Another popular opinion is that the non-agressive person simply sucks and is looking for an excuse besides more practice

I've been rolling for a little over 1 year and 4 months now.
View Quote

When our white/blues are getting ready for a tournament I make it a point to crank it up a bit. I don’t just smash them though that’s counterproductive. I let them work.

If they don’t recognize and act on an opportunity quickly I move on however. I’m not gonna spoon feed them stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#44]

SNIP
View Quote

My tip: do tournaments. I flip "the switch" there and it's a dog fight.
I do not do that in the gym, although I do roll hard with a few guys.
It is Wednesday and I am still getting over my Saturday tournament. I left it all on the mat.
More and more I'm trying to flow roll with a few dudes I train with.
The aggression is available, but I need to improve on technique.
I also roll with new belts frequently, some nights almost exclusively.
It helps me to be able to finish submissions or get in positions. It also helps them because I help them as we roll.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#45]
Just got home from class and I did my best to remember to try being aggressive.

It didn't go so well because we didn't actually get to roll we just did positional rolling where one person had back mount. Rolls would immediately stop and reset when someone lost their position.

I tried to "flip the switch" but the roll would then be over in 2 seconds lol.

I did bring up my concern with the professor and he agreed that next class I should roll with someone and have them turn it up to 100.

Friday take 2!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#46]

It didn't go so well because we didn't actually get to roll we just did positional rolling where one person had back mount. Rolls would immediately stop and reset when someone lost their position.

I did bring up my concern with the professor and he agreed that next class I should roll with someone and have them turn it up to 100.

Friday take 2!
View Quote

Sounds like a plan.
Did you mean YOU turn it up to 100?
I don't know what your experience is, but hopefully he puts you with an more experienced opponent so no one gets injured.  
No one will hurt you like a white belt turning it up to 100.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#47]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Sounds like a plan.
I don't know what your experience is, but hopefully he puts you with an more experienced opponent so no one gets injured.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Friday take 2!

Sounds like a plan.

Both. The plan is to make sure the other person is aggressive too and not just letting me work.

There's one 4-stripe brown that I've rolled with numerous times who will just shut me down immediately which is no fun though and I don't think going all out would help
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:48:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#48]
Only 5 of us in class last night; all white belts and 1 fresh blue.

I was able to turn on some aggressiveness and get some good passes/sweeps and guards in.

Nothing notable though... we were all pretty evenly matched and too exhausted after drilling.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#49]
So..a week ago one of my ribs popped when I was sparring. Have not gone to a doc yet, seems like a useless gesture-whether it was a clean break or fracture is irrelevant. My understanding of this is that it only heals with time, and I've got to wait it out.

Any suggestions for rehab/recovery activities in downtime? Also can anyone share their experience with rib injuries?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 36
Top Top