Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 11:15:45 PM EDT
So, Friday afternoon a good buddy was bs'in with me on facebook and told me I need to come and shoot a USPSA match with him on saturday. I didn't have the required gear and he just told me to " bring some ammo, he has everything I need. I show up Saturday morning and he decks me out with a stock P320 and everything I need. Now, I have been a shooter since I was a young kid but never competed in any kind of competition. He briefs me on the safety rules and got me up to speed. I feel I did ok with a pistol I have never touched and in a environment I have never been in. I went slow, took extra precautions not to break the 180 barrier. I placed 26th out of 40 competitors, so not bad.

I am picking up a new P320 in 40 S&W so i can shoot major, picking up my belt, mag carriers, ect this week. I am lucky enough to live within 2 hours of 2 great ranges. I am in absolute love with the P320 though, I was accurate and the hiccups I had were my own dang fault.

If you ever shoot at CORE in Baker, FL or the range in dothan, AL feel free to message me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It is definitely a bug that hits you once you do it. That and the thought: "Why have I not been doing this?"
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh. Come back when you've got hooked on 3 Gun.

3 times the fun, 3 times the money
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot at CORE occasionally and I'm shooting the Jabs match in Dothan this coming weekend.  I'm willing to bet that we know a lot of the same people.

You should check out the following sites:

shootingsportscalendar.com - calendar that includes most, if not all of the local matches in our area.

http://shootingsportscalendar.com/beginners-guide-to-action-pistol-shooting/ - an article I wrote about getting into action pistol shooting.

http://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com - local gun forum, which includes a section based around the shooting sports

Shoot me a PM and I can direct you to some local FB groups, as well.

I'd also recommend you not buying a P320 in 40.  At least not until you shoot a few more matches.  If your buddy will let you keep borrowing his gear for a few matches, that will give you a much better chance to decide exactly which division you'd like to shoot and what kind of equipment you need.  It's easy to purchase a lot of gear at the beginning that either doesn't suit a particular division, doesn't suit you as a shooter, or just plain isn't competitive.  If you decide you want to be competitive in Limited (where .40 major is most prevalent), then you may be better off going a different direction than the 320.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By casarez:
It is definitely a bug that hits you once you do it. That and the thought: "Why have I not been doing this?"
View Quote
I'll tell you why...."Why have I not been doing this?"....

CZ, Ammoes, travel, the yard how needs a paid person to mow it, more gunz.......

My ammo bill is a new car payment, I could have a decent economy car for the $ I spend in this game
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Man, anytime you want to meet up and shoot at a competition let me know.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the advice guys. I hope to run into a few of you sometime.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, i found my knew sport/hobbie.  4 matches in and just got my initial classification for Production.  Now its time to improve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top